HAHN Portfueler

Very nice lookin setup.There are people modifying the 05-06 Gsxr1000 fuel injection setups to work basically the same way as well.

(nitrousjunkie @ Jul. 19 2007,13:12) There are people modifying the 05-06 Gsxr1000 fuel injection setups to work basically the same way as well.
What are they doing for fuel management?

lurk.gif
bowdown.gif

Matt Thomas of cycle-tek.com (extremefun1300 on sh.org) has it on his bike. Its a pretty trick setup.

He has been 8's with his stock wheelbase bike, pretty impressive.

Turbo015.jpg

Turbo003.jpg

Turbo001.jpg

Turbo009.jpg

[/quote]

(Professor @ Jul. 20 2007,01:27)
(nitrousjunkie @ Jul. 19 2007,13:12) There are people modifying the 05-06 Gsxr1000 fuel injection setups to work basically the same way as well.
What are they doing for fuel management?
I think they are remapping the stock ecu, but I'm not sure.Matt Wright is the guy thats doing this deal with the stock 1000 system.

The hahn uses a stand alone fuel controller thats windows based, i haven't used it but heard its easy to use and does a nice job.

Thanks for the pics Greg!
It's a very clean and user friendly system, install was a breeze and the bike drives like a complete stocker. With an early stage1 ghetto kit with lowered compression and -6deg timing taking out at wot the bike made 300hp at 18-19psi.
Bike is now for sale, looking to move into a new house in the near future.

forsale026.jpg

Glad to hear your experience with the Portfueler was good! HAHN has always been great to work with. In case you're wondering this one is going on the smalltire busa dragbike pictured in another thread on this page (see dragbike pics thread started by Treadlife). Hoping to see some deep sevens with lowered compression, race gas, retard (on the bike and riding it) and intercooler.

Thats very interesting. I was told about it first on srt-4's, then I found out they make the same set up for a bunch of things. Im looking for fuel management for my busa now, and so far the port fueler is all I have found. I know MCxpress makes one but havnt found any info on it? The port fueler looks good, all I need is a plenum. I have the turbo, wastegate, bov, pipes etc, just no plenum or fuel delivery yet.

There are a lot of folks that manufacture plenums, and I think I saw a PDF file for one over on suzukihayabusa.org in the turbo section. We are using A HAHN plenum, always had good customer service there.

Yeah the plenums are not hard to make at all but there is alot of tig welding takes me about 4 hours to build one from scratch with secondary inj. bungs

there really is no manual. a single sheet of paper talks about hand sanding the lips on the head to help prevent tearing a o-ring.
And a one line note about the stamping order 1-4
I have used my port fueler for about 6,000 miles. make sure everything is fully seated. and have plenum hold down straps
it does exactly as asked

Back