haha, veyron uses 16t turbos

reaper0995

Registered
i just thought this was kinda funny seeing this pic. i mean, afterall, it is a $1 million car. and it has the same turbo used in a volvo...just four of them instead of one. it may be a 19t, or something to that sense, but it definately the same frame and such. i think this is also used on the mcxpress too.

veyron06_engine.jpg

Not sure how they hook four turbos up to a side but the drawing only shows one getting exhaust and two drawing intake.

I like to see the complete idea.

Nice cad work.

(xcitebike @ Sep. 22 2006,08:38) Not sure how they hook four turbos up to a side but the drawing only shows one getting exhaust and two drawing intake.

Nice cad work.
Check this out!!!

bugatti-15.jpg

Great Howstuffworks.com article on the Bugatti

There is a fantastic video available on the 1,000 horsepower W-16 engine that powers the Bugatti Veyron. However, it is not easy to find it and it is not possible to link to it directly. Here's directions on how to get there:

Go to www.bugatti-cars.de
Choose "English".
Along the top, click on "Models"
Choose "Veyron 16.4"
Choose "Engineering"
Choose "Engine"
Along the bottom, choose "Legends from 1001 HP"
Click on video segments 1 through 7 in sequence. You may have to click the play button (small arrow) to get them to play initially.

(xcitebike @ Sep. 22 2006,08:38) Not sure how they hook four turbos up to a side but the drawing only shows one getting exhaust and two drawing intake.

Nice cad work.
no thats two turbos on a side. funny angle, but those are the actuators and BOV's. the exhaust one you see is connected to the left one you see getting the intake air.

check out the other photo here and you will see the turbos more defined.

Back