Had to vent about some idiot biker

majestic12

Hunting Kawasakis
Donating Member
Registered
Why is it when some one sees the Hayabusa they think in means race? Is it the idea of I smoked a busa? Any way I was racing a lightning storm home so I took the freeway instead of the scenic rout. There are two Harleys, two up, a little was down the entrance ramp. To my horror they were entering a 70 mph freeway at around 40.

Being a shock absorber for someone who wants to drive slow is one of my pet peeves. With that in mind I take the left lane and rocket to 75 and think nothing more of it. 6 miles later I almost jump off my bike (still going 75) because a terrible noise appeared. I thought something had let go on my bike. I then realize the Harley with strait pipes had caught me and had his chopper spun out to pass me at a little over 110. Me being the antagonist I am I let Haineko growl and wave at him as I take my exit. My big beef is he let his ego put his passenger in danger.

Nothing against Harleys I have had similar situations with Victorys, but do they have to give the other bikers a bad name?

Anyone else similar situations?

I had a a guy in a Honda CIVIC SI Try to Race me off the line from a Traffic Light. Of Course this is a No-Brainer..................4 Stop lights later He Pulls Next to Me...............Rev's his Engine then does a Burnout right there in Front of God and Everybody.................::wtf:

this is a regular event.... I usually do not acknowledge them at all other than a glance..

I am sure I have lost every street race I have been in... but I am a happy loser.. :)

I can not honestly answer if I would stop for one of these idiots if they were pulling this stuff and I saw them crash... ruin my day/ride for their stupid antics? just not sure..

Shake your head and don't let it cause you the least bit of anxiety.

We may be our brothers' keeper, but we can't fix stupid.

You ride a Hayabusa....:bowdown: and they...well.....never mind..... :oldcool:

I got spooked one night by a guy on a Harley Bagger with his buddy on a Bagger coming down Boulder Hwy, at about 80 mph. One passed me, in my lane, by about two feet.....at 80 mph......"I've got a word for people like that"...........

Now I keep my eyes on the rear view, more-so than before.......if they're coming up like that, I'm dropping gears and pegging my throttle.......never again.... :super:

There are two Harleys, two up, a little was down the entrance ramp. To my horror they were entering a 70 mph freeway at around 40.

Being a shock absorber for someone who wants to drive slow is one of my pet peeves. With that in mind I take the left lane and rocket to 75 and think nothing more of it.
While you did nothing illegal, you also initiated the confrontation by "rocketing" past them. What you took as safe and prudent probably pissed them off as 'just another idiot rice-rocket' showing off.

So while you are pissed off at them, they were pissed at you, Sounds like there are ego issues on both sides of this equation.

(and not to make myself holier than thou, I have done exactly the same sort of stuff probably many times over the years. I just try to be more aware of it than when I was younger. :))

I too have been bitten by the occasional ego trippin' idiot thinking his car or Harley or CBR......( the list goes on and on) thinking because they pull up beside the bus that it's a race. I always ignore them and continue on my way. I've had friends oblige the urge to show what the busa can do and they have tickets and high insurance to show for it.
It's not worth the bother just let them think they have done something great and enjoy the ride.:beerchug:

While you did nothing illegal, you also initiated the confrontation by "rocketing" past them. What you took as safe and prudent probably pissed them off as 'just another idiot rice-rocket' showing off.

So while you are pissed off at them, they were pissed at you, Sounds like there are ego issues on both sides of this equation.

(and not to make myself holier than thou, I have done exactly the same sort of stuff probably many times over the years. I just try to be more aware of it than when I was younger. :))

Entering a freeway at less than freeway speeds is dangerous. Dangerous for the driver/rider entering, dangerous for the vehicles already on the freeway, and dangerous for vehicles on the entrance ramp behind. I'd do the same thing as majestic - get around them quickly and move on down the road, whether I'm on my Busa or in my truck.

They got a problem with that, f-em. I didn't buy the Busa to road race, but no matter what I'm driving, I do what I can do avoid other drivers putting me in danger.

we had 2 harleys do this too us about 6 weeks ago, they also had passengers...so I pass them, the gsxr 750 passes them then the r6 passes them then low and behold deseree passes them too on her ninja 250 I bet they felt like tools....
:rofl::rofl:

when we later saw them at a gas station I reminded them they have only 80 hp and 5 gears....des who has like 26 hp and only been riding for a few months passed them...they didnt like that to well...but gave her a thumbs up anyway....:thumbsup:
by the way all of us had all our gear on, and none of us where speeding untill the challenge..I have since reliqished from speed compititions becausae im at the drag strip on fridays now...more fun

wm_normal_des3.jpg

wm_normal_des2.jpg

wm_normal_des.jpg

Last edited:
You ride a Hayabusa....:bowdown: and they...well.....never mind..... :oldcool:

I got spooked one night by a guy on a Harley Bagger with his buddy on a Bagger coming down Boulder Hwy, at about 80 mph. One passed me, in my lane, by about two feet.....at 80 mph......"I've got a word for people like that"...........

Now I keep my eyes on the rear view, more-so than before.......if they're coming up like that, I'm dropping gears and pegging my throttle.......never again.... :super:

I had a bagger pass me on the 215 on Saturday in my own lane. I wonder if it was the same guy.

Kinda funny that this kind of story always shows up.
Let me share a story of a different kind.

I had been riding bikes for over 15 years but when i moved to Cali. to avoid having to take the road test at DMV I decided to take the MSF course. It was held at a local college parking lot. We were receiving instruction so everyone was standing next to their bikes. All of a sudden we hear a loud noise from the other side of the fence out on the street. It was 2 sport bikes doing wheelies on a four lane street with traffic.

Now I am passing this story on to you because I notice alot of people flame on Harley riders. Stupid, dangerous riders are not model specific, they ride every kind of bike and come in all ages. My experience has been that I see many more sport bike riders (yes they are younger) riding dangerously than Harley riders. This is just my observations and 2cents..........

Other evening I was passed by 3 bikes (2 sportbikes & 1 dualsport) zigzagging in and out of pretty heavy traffic at around 150 kph in t-shirts and shorts (helmets mandatory here).....Darwin at work again.

Shake your head and don't let it cause you the least bit of anxiety.

We may be our brothers' keeper, but we can't fix stupid.

you got that right brother!!!

i saw a biker this weekend trying to catch up with his bud, both were on HD's not that it matters to me but the nut job was riding 2 up pulling a little trailer and cut over in front of 2 cages then squeezed by another to catch his friend at the light....

I havent had a lot of people try and race me. I usually just get the people trying to pace me and look (rarely see other hayabusas in seattle)

I did have a chump in a benz C55 (love the car, and crazy fast) try and mess with me.. he didnt know i was in 2nd gear (i had just jumped on the freeway).. yeaaa pulled like 4 car lengths and he backed off.

I am use to the pacing. I just try not to let them linger lest I get forgotten and run over by them or someone else.

i had a no brainer on a zx10 yesterday barge past two of my mates to catch me , so when he got behind i pulled to the left and waved him past.
that was more than enough to prove a point and spoil his day :laugh:

i was just waking up the wild life on some pretty empty roads late one night, i passed a cbr 1000 bout a mile later he goes flying by me then hits the brakes and motions me to come on. he then proceeds to bob and weave 5 cars who are driving in front of us. as i see all those cars either light up brakes or swerve i just shake my head.

im usually all about some late night hell raising but not when theres groups of cars in front of me. :poke:

i saw a harley trying to race a ferrari have also had the like 150hp cars try and race me all the time lol.:beerchug:

i was just waking up the wild life on some pretty empty roads late one night, i passed a cbr 1000 bout a mile later he goes flying by me then hits the brakes and motions me to come on. he then proceeds to bob and weave 5 cars who are driving in front of us. as i see all those cars either light up brakes or swerve i just shake my head.

im usually all about some late night hell raising but not when theres groups of cars in front of me. :poke:

i saw a harley trying to race a ferrari have also had the like 150hp cars try and race me all the time lol.:beerchug:

My 94 Cavalier will smoke your ass! :whistle:

Back