Had to vent about some idiot biker

I go through this every single time I ride with my brother. He's got our late fathers 06 dyna superglide custom and for some reason he has to try to show o everytime we ride together...it kinda cracks me up cause he's got that thing pegged and maxed out at 120mph and the whole things shaking, and I'm sitting next to him at the same speed with one hand on my knee just cruising....acting like nothing exciting is even happening.....havent really got the heart to tell him that I never even downshifted outta 6th during the whole ordeal,lol.:laugh:

I have more cars then bikes trying to race me. I guess they feel safer in their cages taking on a Busa.

Why is it when some one sees the Hayabusa they think in means race? Is it the idea of I smoked a busa? Any way I was racing a lightning storm home so I took the freeway instead of the scenic rout. There are two Harleys, two up, a little was down the entrance ramp. To my horror they were entering a 70 mph freeway at around 40.

Being a shock absorber for someone who wants to drive slow is one of my pet peeves. With that in mind I take the left lane and rocket to 75 and think nothing more of it. 6 miles later I almost jump off my bike (still going 75) because a terrible noise appeared. I thought something had let go on my bike. I then realize the Harley with strait pipes had caught me and had his chopper spun out to pass me at a little over 110. Me being the antagonist I am I let Haineko growl and wave at him as I take my exit. My big beef is he let his ego put his passenger in danger.

Nothing against Harleys I have had similar situations with Victorys, but do they have to give the other bikers a bad name?

Anyone else similar situations?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They have always been out there and they will always be out there. Just another reason that motorcyclists get a bad rep.

I get the same thing here in Miami. I'm thinking about getting a custom decorative sticker made in nice lettering for both sides that reads, "You're not worthy", or something like that, that I can point to when they pull up next to me trying to egg me on. :laugh:

I have more issues with other sport bike riders blasting past with no warning and scaring the Sh*t out of me. But it doesn't matter what they ride "stupid is as stupid does" and not wanting to spend any time in county lock-up is the only thing keeping me from being dumber then they are.

Just got back fom Gatlinburg...saw hundreds of bikers...the wife observed: "a tank top must be mandatory for Harley riders!". Yep, you guessed it: not a single piece of gear seen on a Harley rider all week end. Do they think they're immune or something!!!

CW

When you are riding the busa, you know your fast, they know your fast, you dont have to prove it. I usually just wave and go about my business.

Just got back fom Gatlinburg...saw hundreds of bikers...the wife observed: "a tank top must be mandatory for Harley riders!". Yep, you guessed it: not a single piece of gear seen on a Harley rider all week end. Do they think they're immune or something!!!

CW

I see sport riders doing the same thing, shorts, t-shirt, etc. For years I got a hard time because I always wore my leather jacket and gloves (all I rode back then was my '61 Pan) even in the hottest of weather. But yeah, they must like getting hit with bugs and stuff. Wait until the first time they kiss the pavement, they'll believe in ATGAT!

Try riding through Waldorf,Md. Some of the WORST rider over there. They're all about weaving in and out of cars.

Why is it when some one sees the Hayabusa they think in means race? Is it the idea of I smoked a busa? Any way I was racing a lightning storm home so I took the freeway instead of the scenic rout. There are two Harleys, two up, a little was down the entrance ramp. To my horror they were entering a 70 mph freeway at around 40.

Being a shock absorber for someone who wants to drive slow is one of my pet peeves. With that in mind I take the left lane and rocket to 75 and think nothing more of it. 6 miles later I almost jump off my bike (still going 75) because a terrible noise appeared. I thought something had let go on my bike. I then realize the Harley with strait pipes had caught me and had his chopper spun out to pass me at a little over 110. Me being the antagonist I am I let Haineko growl and wave at him as I take my exit. My big beef is he let his ego put his passenger in danger.

Nothing against Harleys I have had similar situations with Victorys, but do they have to give the other bikers a bad name?

Anyone else similar situations?

Don't be so sure it was ego he may ride like that all the time seen plenty of Harley's and other cruisers blazing down the highway 2 up into the triple digits with no gear when i am out working on my truck.They probably feel the speeds adds to the adrenaline rush of the ride. Ride your ride let them ride theirs just pray they always ride rubber side down:please:

I'm re-venting... Not a wise response on my part, but it was like taking candy from a baby!

And just another quick rant! Unless you own a V-Rod spare me your brain washed comments about how fast and powerful HDs are... they are feeble compared almost all Japanese sport bikes. Some jackass HD cruiser newb thought he could take my B King at a stop light. He rolled up and through the light as it turned green. He rolled through the stop at about 15 mph and I was at a full feet down stop. I caught him at about 46 MHP in first gear flipped him the finger, shifted to second, caught a small roll on power wheelie and left him so far behind I could barely make out his head light. I think he was shocked I caught him so quickly, his mouth was agape and he looked nervous in his "face erasing" bowl helmet. By the way the **** split my lane and flew the bird to initiate this half assed challange!

Talking about spitting in the wind or perhaps preaching to the choir... I don't think there will be many newb HD riders cruising this board to heed my admonishments!?!?!? Oh well maybe someone feels my pain...

Back