Had to put dog down....

Scipione420

Registered
So yesterday was a very hard day for me and my girlfriend. We have had a yellow lab for 2 yrs, we got him at 1. About a month agoe he got sick so we went to vets. The first vet we went to said he was dehydrated, so we did everything they wanted and a week later he was still sick. So we decided to goto a different vet and they did the same test the first vet did and found out he had lymphoma. Now when we found this out he just turned 3. The vet said this is the youngest dog shes ever seen with cancer. So we started treatment and he pulled right out of it in 2 days. Me and my girlfriend were very happy to see that. But it didnt last long last week he got sick and weve been bringing him to vets everyday for a week. Yesterday we desided that he wasnt going to get any better and we had to make the hardest decision ever. We desided to put him down so he doesnt have to go threw this anymore. Atleast hes now in a better place and not in pain anymore... :please:

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

101_0218.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

Yes def for the best. He couldnt eat and had hard time walking. The night before he fell down stairs cuz he couldnt walk. At that time we finally realized that we had to do it..

Very sad. I know how hard that is - it's like losing a child. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and to your gf. May he rest in peace....

You guys made the right decision in setting him free from his suffering.

That was one of the most selfless, loving acts you could have done. Most people will let their pets suffer so they personally won't feel bad. I'm so sorry for your loss.

-Mrs. Lurch

Beautiful dog.
Sorry to hear this, very sad.
You did the right thing.
I had a lab die from the same thing at 8 years old.
It was really hard.
God Bless.

Thanks. I couldnt let him suffer it was getting bad. He wasnt happy one bit. i looked into his eyes right before the vets put him down and i could see thats what he wanted. i have never seen him so down before. We had no doubt bout putting him down it was the fact of coming home and its only us 2 in the house its weird...

awe I'm so sorry, one of my dog's (rott/dob) lost a leg but is still running faster then my other 2 full blooded rott's and at 12 years of age too....hope you find a new companion soon! gotta fill the hole in your heart

100_0386.jpg

RIP Brody!!

If you get another companion today or 10 years from now, they wont replace Brody!!! Just a new chapter in your lives with nice memories to comfort you!!

Really sorry to hear this, I had a scare a few months ago with my now 14 year old Manchester terrier. You did the right thing, I'm sure if he could have told you he would have.

Thank you. We were hoping he would have gone on his own but we wernt gonna make him wait any longer just isnt fair...

I have 2 dogs, one is 14 and other is 13, They are healthy now, but it cannot last forever. I'm going to be hating that day...............

Its very tuff aussie but after its all done its kinda a relief weve been threw alot with him and hes been threw alot. We spent thousands in the last 2 months trying to get him better but nothing worked. it was well worth spending the money to get a happy month out of him..

I usually don't care about sappy dog stories, bro...but, your pics really brought us into an important chapter in your life. Thanks for letting us in and hopefully the next dog will reap all the love you have to give.

Back