Had to defend our honor!

killerrudy

Registered
On my Jeep SRT8 forum I had to throw down because someone was trying to say his stock V-Max was running 9.65's. Sigh....

Finally got my new V-Max!!! - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Don't know if the forum will let you see so here is the text.

Him:

I always wanted the older V-max until 2008 when I seen the new ones! I just got a new 2009 Yamaha V-max. I bought it from my uncle that runs a dealer in Memphis. He got the bike earlier than most, it is number 14 of 2500. For any of you that don't know about this bike. ITS AWESOME! He has personally had this one on the dyno and to the track. It runs a 9.65 and dynoed at 177hp at the tire.... Now that I have it the weather has been nothing but crap!

Me:

Not trying to rain on anyones parade here. These are great bikes. But These stock are only rated for low 11's in the 1/4. It does tip the scales closer to 700 lbs. Ricky Gadson could only manage a 10.5 on one. (see google for resume) I doubt anyone at that dealership is better than him. Just saying, but it sounds like someone is trying to glorify the bike a little bit when you picked it up.

All and all. Great bike! Very sharp. I would just be hesitant when you are lined up next to a stock busa or any other sport bike. Specially a busa(sorry biased, see sig)!

I wasn't trying to be mean. Just wanted him to know that he was wrong and busa's are better and he needed some educating. Was I wrong/out of place?

I think you were quite polite and respectful in the face of bogus misinformation!

I know that Dale Walker, of HoleShot Performance did some runs on a stock VMax and did not get those times or even close. I believe he has the numbers posted on his sit on Max
Suzuki, not sure he even got those numbers on one he modified.

I know that Dale Walker, of HoleShot Performance did some runs on a stock VMax and did not get those times or even close. I believe he has the numbers posted on his sit on Max
Suzuki, not sure he even got those numbers on one he modified.

Cycleworld with Walker on board tested at Sacto Raceway. He ran 10.1's.

Lots of HP and torque but the shaft drive and near 700 pounds takes a toll on speed.

I think it's limited to less than 140 too. Seems a 1600 + cc V4 outta do much more. It's thirsty too, less than 100 miles per tank.

a friend of mine has one and he was convinced it would out run my busa. needless to say it didnt happen. same thing with another guy that had a 2010 kawi 1000. he talked crap for about 2 hours then i proceded to walk him by about 15 lengths.
the max is a cool bike tho.

ya know always have been a suzuki guy but when in my 20's i love me some v-max's but never liked the riding position...they sounded so cool and a guy i knew had a bad ass one but got to stick with my suzuki's!!!!

I can see right through all this. The guy was also just trying to be nice. He probably actually ran a 9.45!! :bounce:

Is that the "progressive girl" runnin those?:whistle:

I think I am in LOVE!!!:laugh:

I just checked the numbers again from Dale and he did run a 9.50 in Sacramento this year on a tuned and lowered bike. Also ran a 9.0 with boost. But he is still a Suzuki guy.

If I remember correctly when the newest V-Max came out, whichever magazine was doing the testing, was having problems making full 1/4 mile passes with a pro rider because the bike was hitting the governor or limiter before the traps. This was a fully stock bike. Yamaha's way to solve this was to sell the "Race Only" ECU direct through Yamaha for $850.

Oh the newest. I don't even know how to respond. Some people just live in their own reality. lol He must be like, " I reject your reality and substitue my own"

Quote "I actually had an 02 hayabusa before I bought this bike, and stock for stock from a dig, the hayabusa don't hold a candle to this bike from the line. Now out on the highway, the vmax will get eaten by any gsxr1000, r1, or hayabusa..... "

Well they have out done me now. I kept reading the responces and no Busa love over there. So I abandoned the thread. The V-Max is officially the quickest bike on the planet.

Back