Had my bike tuned today...

Dozerdriver

Registered
Ok..went to Cycle Connection in Gaithersburg MD today and had my Busa tuned. I know it was running rich because you could smell the extra gas. Shawn and his wife are great people to deal with. Shawn is very good at tuning and working on bikes and reasonably priced. He also does full ECU tuning. If you need anything give them a call...here is the before and after dyno results.

IMG_20130626_162122_305_zps9e49b3dc.jpg

IMG_20130626_182125_506_zps128112ce.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Might I ask what all mods you have on your bike. I only ask because I just had my bike tuned for similar reasons but my HP only went from 164 to 167. Granted that I didn't go for HP increases and went for running fuel rich I did want to see numbers like yours on HP gains. I was told that being that I have the Brock's Shortmeg full exhaust that my gains won't be as great because of the shorter can.

I have the full Tsukigi Cannon pipe, race BMC filter, Bazzaz fi unit with the ecu flashed. About the same as my last Busa..

Might I ask what all mods you have on your bike. I only ask because I just had my bike tuned for similar reasons but my HP only went from 164 to 167. Granted that I didn't go for HP increases and went for running fuel rich I did want to see numbers like yours on HP gains. I was told that being that I have the Brock's Shortmeg full exhaust that my gains won't be as great because of the shorter can.

You won't have the same gains on a Gen-1 Busa,...start a thread with a copy of the chart so others can have a look... ;)

I have the full Tsukigi Cannon pipe, race BMC filter, Bazzaz fi unit with the ecu flashed. About the same as my last Busa..

So it was flashed removing limiters and then he re-tuned with the Bazzaz?

Looks good if you're happy! :beerchug:

Flashed the ecu to remove limiters and some other things.... then he tuned the Bazzaz unit...probably should of just did a full ecu tune but I already had the Bazzaz on.

I think Brock Davidson might disagree with this opinion. Both the street meg and street short meg can have gains of 12 to 15 RWHP. There's also a difference between the Gen I and Gen II performance.

I think Brock Davidson might disagree with this opinion. Both the street meg and street short meg can have gains of 12 to 15 RWHP. There's also a difference between the Gen I and Gen II performance.

That's from a stock bike. You won't get those gains from one exhaust to another on a Gen-I unless something is wrong....

That's from a stock bike. You won't get those gains from one exhaust to another on a Gen-I unless something is wrong....
Yes, these are stock bike gains. Stock bike meaning no internal engine work or no add-ons like a supercharger, turbocharger, or NOS.

Did not understand the second part of your post.

92-degree baseline and 108-degrees tuned? I'd fatten it up a little but that's just me... :laugh:

You won't have the same gains on a Gen-1 Busa,...start a thread with a copy of the chart so others can have a look... ;)

So it was flashed removing limiters and then he re-tuned with the Bazzaz?

Looks good if you're happy! :beerchug:

Why do you always have to say "if you're happy"? Is it good or not? Ah you partonising him and the other people you do that to?

Why do you always have to say "if you're happy"? Is it good or not? Ah you partonising him and the other people you do that to?

Because people need to understand a dyno graph is just a tool and nothing more. People get caught up in peak numbers when they really might not mean anything. It could pull 200whp on one dyno and run like crap at the track. So did the bike not really make the power or does the rider need work? Or it could make less power on the graph but mop everything up on the street, which would you rather have? To many dyno shops play games so until you get a GOOD tuner then you really never know if you aren't racing it every weekend and comparing/logging the changes... ;)

Back