Had a close call today. need your help!

cisco35

Registered
i was going down topanga yesterday and some chick was just blind and cut me off right at mulhulland i ended stopping in some bushes and the handle bars hit a tree and got knocked off line. other than the bars being a little off and some scratches the bike is fine.is there any way for me to straighten the bars out here at the house or should i take it to my shop?

Sorry to hear about your accident. Thanks god you are OK.

Don't try straightening them yourself.

what am i going to end up paying for the bars?im thinkin there expensive. and if i have to wait to get the bars say a week or so will it be bad to ride it. the bars are off about a centimeter just barely enought to tell they are off a little.

Do yourself a favor get the bars fixxed properly. Don't take a chance if you don't have to.Consider yourself lucky since you didn'tget a scratch goodluck and remember shinny side up.
biggrin.gif

Maybe consider Heli-bars now! Do not ride with the bars the way they are, could be catastrophic.
nervous.gif

Glad to here you are ok, thats the most important thing. Check www.cyclemall.net for a pair of heli-bars. i got my set for $125.00. Or check your local cycle salvage yard to see if they have any off a busa, or check the back of Cycle world magazine for the people who sell suzuki stuff at discount prices. Whatever you do just get new bars before you get back on the bike.

Is the bar bent from the triple-tree out or are the bars out of alignment from the wheel? I doubt they would bend just like that, especially it the rest of the bike is fine. Can you get a picture of the bars relative to the front wheel?

If the bars are just out alignment from the wheel, raise the bike from the frame and loosen the main nut on the triple-tree and loosen the forks. The forks will naturally return to proper alignment. Just raise the forks to the original position and tighten.

I would recommend taking the bike to the shop and having the entire front end checked over from top to bottom look for bent stuff

Narcissus that is exactly how they are. that is what i was trying to say but it just didnt come out that way. thanks race i will do that Ruff Ryders is right around the corner from me and i always go there for service so they might just do it for free.thanks

FOR USED PARTS TRY THESE SITES
DRAGBIKE.COM
STRIPBIKE.COM

OR NEW PARTS
HAYABUSAPARTS.COM
HAYABUSAZONE.COM
SCHNITZRACING.COM

SORRY ABOUT THE SPILL. GLAD YOUR OK

Back