Had a chance to check out the Corvette C8... PICS

Slowstang305

Registered
My buddy and I remembered that the C8 was coming to an event down here so we decided to check it out. Here are some pics! Really pretty car for sure!

01a98c13-7d9f-4f02-9f01-183760134fd1.JPG

63b3db15-0253-4797-8608-5422c211e007.JPG

de171d4b-1a38-4d31-ab8e-7875849500f4.JPG

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_1318.JPG

Sadly another car which has lost it's signature styling and looks. that car doesn't say "Corvette" to me...it's just a lookalike car now.

Interesting looking car, I'd like to see one in person. Definitely out of my reach financially, but I like the idea that GM is trying to attract a new demographic.

I guess I'm getting old but am getting sick of changes...the younger generation want to revel in our generation's music, movies, fashion style and cars like Mustang, Challenger, Camaro, etc, I find it odd they would change an iconic car like the Corvette.

I like it but I liked my C6 too, top up or down. Heat along the drive shaft tunnel from the exhaust was my only complaint. View attachment 1606506
View attachment 1606507
I was able to combat this issue on the C6 by quite a bit. If you pull out the center console and line everything with heat resistant wrap you will see a difference in heat. Before i could not even put my phone in the center console without it overheating and after that I never had an issue. Definitely a great car and dead reliable minus the balancer going bad due to a design and fuel tank leak between the tanks which can happen.

I once read that GM made the transition to mid engine because they had reached the design limits of what they can do with a front engine chassis. The exterior is obviously going to change due to the new layout. I think they did a hell of a job on the exterior. The interior, that is a different story. But opinions are always going to be opinions. This is the first new car in a while that has actually sparked my interest. This thing can compete with and beat cars that I could never afford. I will be watching them closely.

I once read that GM made the transition to mid engine because they had reached the design limits of what they can do with a front engine chassis. The exterior is obviously going to change due to the new layout. I think they did a hell of a job on the exterior. The interior, that is a different story. But opinions are always going to be opinions. This is the first new car in a while that has actually sparked my interest. This thing can compete with and beat cars that I could never afford. I will be watching them closely.

It is interesting however at what point is it no longer a Corvette?

I'm sure manufacturers have reached their design limit with say the Mustang and Challenger (and Camaro) but at what juncture do they say "let's go completely off the rails and change the essence of the car."

Back