Hack/Upgrade/Mod to Elim Mirror Flex (Video)??

Not sure what this guy did there. My mirrors are rock solid and don't move/wobble at all.....

I thought so. Probably cuz they're properly attached. Now I gotta tear it all apart to figure out how it's supposed to be assembled.

I thought so. Probably cuz they're properly attached. Now I gotta tear it all apart to figure out how it's supposed to be assembled.

But John...you know...with age...sometimes things won't "stay"properly.....:rolleyes:
Really, @RedBull?? You found that funny? Besides, I'm not that concerned with what's behind me ... wait, that came out wrong ... what I meant was ... oh nevermind.

Is @RedBull joining @Sandow & me for the Vegas run??

@Sandow: Yours looks like a digital copy of the manual, but can you at least tell me what section you found that passage in?

Really, @RedBull?? You found that funny? Besides, I'm not that concerned with what's behind me ... wait, that came out wrong ... what I meant was ... oh nevermind.

@Sandow: Yours looks like a digital copy of the manual, but can you at least tell me what section you found that passage in?
Hi. Just get the mirrors that are guaranteed no fold at 250 MPH like I have.

Well i hope he does....lol....

Good that we don't share a room since you are not really concerned whats "behind" you :poke:

Yes I have the digital copy.
If you have "whatsapp" messenger I will send it to you.

Usually if I search for something particular- I just use the "search a word" on my word or adobe program which I have it opened with.

This particular page is

Exterior Parts: 9D-19

I am always happy to give a hand to the elderly. I will lend you a hand to walk across the street in vegas too!

Wobbly Mirrors Update (Found the cause)
Question is how does this happen??
Any safety issues/concerns riding the bike in this condition?

You'll see some writing (in white) on the inside LEFT nose fairing.
"15H" happens to be a common number component for a bunch of Busa part #s, as many of you will know.
It also reads "08 - 13". Mine's a '14, but a Gen2 is a Gen2 when it comes to this particular part (nose fairing).

So, guessing the prev owner(s) suffered a major front end impact, requiring partial parts replacement. Agree??
But if so, why not also replace the cowling brace? OR did someone attempt to fold in both the mirrors and snapped the brace instead? (my fav scenario).

All input appreciated.

Back