H7 Car bulbs in your Hayabusa?

Hayabusawannabe

Registered
Who knew you could use them?? I've been spending $25 bucks on motorcycle H7's and I could have just gone to eBay and got them for $9! Doh! :banghead:

The sylvania silver star bulbs are a cheap and effective way to really help the under powered gen 1 busa headlight. The part number is 9006 for the H7. For the money, it is one of the best mods I did. I have since upgraded to a HID system, and the difference from stock is dramatic.

The sylvania silver star bulbs are a cheap and effective way to really help the under powered gen 1 busa headlight. The part number is 9006 for the H7. For the money, it is one of the best mods I did. I have since upgraded to a HID system, and the difference from stock is dramatic.

9006 is the high beam. H7 is the low beam

They do work fine but the filaments aren't as robust as dedicated bike bulbs which transmit a lot more vibration into the headlight than a car does.
I've found that the latest Osram Nightbreakers last well and give a lot more light on the road....i do however carry a spare bulb just incase.

Yesterday my headlight bulb burned out on my semi truck and its H11 and i stopped at napa to get one.
It was freacking 18 $. All other bulbs were between 8 to 12 dollars.

I didn't realize there was a difference. Been running a car bulb in the low beam for many years and miles.

I've heard putting a HID system in these bikes sucks and makes the dash go nuts? Am i wrong or right? I've been looking for an alternative to HID's because I'm not good with wiring. So whats the BRIGHTEST bulb we can get? I'd want a matching set Hi/Lo

Most HID kits plug right in. If you decide to go that route, perhaps a local member could help with the install. I have had HID for almost 6 years with no problems on a gen 1. You would not believe the difference, and would never go back to the H7 bulb.

You're the exception. My low beam ballast failed within six months and yes the HIDs do tend to cause other issues. I think if you place the ballast as far away from the gauges as possible you'll be fine. Others suggest running off something other than the lighting circuit. At any rate make sure you check out the cranking method that supposedly saves your low beam ballast. Best of luck.

same here but I switched back to a halogen for the high beam. currently running one of the PIAA bulbs but run the silverstars in my car and love em. but they don't last very long. at least not in the car but bright as chit.

same here but I switched back to a halogen for the high beam. currently running one of the PIAA bulbs but run the silverstars in my car and love em. but they don't last very long. at least not in the car but bright as chit.

I went back to the halogen for the high beam too. With the HID, I never use my high beam anymore.

Hey... I know this thread is a year old, but will a sylvania 9006 fit in the low beam for a 1st gen? Or, does it need to be retrofitted? I don't want to upgrade to a HID, and I don't want the OEM from the stealership.

If I am reading this correctly, the 9006 is the equivalent to the H7.

That kind of funny hearing people abandoning their HIDs once they fail, I thought it was just me.

My low beam HID ballast failed. I ended up swapping the ballast with the high beam and just use a conventional lamp in the high beam. I did get 6+ years out of it, but I do have a time delay relay.

Yep, I saw that. ^^

I couldn't delete my post. Sorry for the confusion; I should have read more closely. Either way, I already changed the bulb and used the Sylvania Ultra Silverstar (or whatever they were in the orange package). Huge difference from OEM. FWIW.

Back