H-E-L-P!!!

Doc_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Tonight I was teaching my newbie buddy (Oscar) how to do basics on his bike. Then we worked on mine and he wanted to try... well, I suuuhk as a teacher as he stripped the oil pan ON MY BUSA by over tightening the plug. Any idea how to fix this without pulling the pan? Please help! If possible, I would like to get it fixed before the weekend...

Thanks in Advance!

A couple of fixes are availabe......... Most popular is to buy an oversize oil plug @ Autozone, O'reilys, or the likes! Next, they make an insert like a heli-coil for this if its really bad (can be found online). Some folks have used RTV to repair very mild stripped conditions.
Hope this helps Ks.............

A couple of fixes are availabe......... Most popular is to buy an oversize oil plug @ Autozone, O'reilys, or the likes! Next, they make an insert like a heli-coil for this if its really bad (can be found online). Some folks have used RTV to repair very mild stripped conditions.
Hope this helps Ks.............
Thanks KS... I also posted on Suzukihayabusa.org and got like 14 replies, think I got it under control now. Probably needs to come off and be repaired/replaced. Sux, but gotsta be done.

don't fear i did the same thing ..for a temp fix u can j b weld the bastard till you get a new oil pan thier on ronaymer for 97 bucks i think i picked mine off of ebay last week for 70 something bucks

Just had the same thing happen. I used a double oversized 1/2 self tapping from Pep Boys. Is working great so far. Just go slow putting it in and back it out often to remove any unwanted material. Some good lube helps it go in a little easier also. :0

Back