Guys.. I really need your help!!!!

Deno_n_Philly

Registered
Hello all. I have a 08 busa and I got the sport touring aftermarket windshield, I went out earlier and tried to replace it with my stock one. I unscrewed the bolts and the factory one did not move. Is there a trick to taking the stock one off? I want to get this done, first thing in the morning. By the way, just did my HumpMod.. great product....

:welcome:

Gen I is easy I hear the Gen II is a little more tricky, Someone will chime in soon

Deno_in_Philly

Howdy...:welcome:

On GenII after you take out 2 screws you also have to remove the rubber bushings that they screw into.

It helps if you give shot of lubricant under it before pulling it out.
Lift lip up and stick your red straw from lube bottle under it.
Give it just a small shot and turn the bushing to loosen and lube it.
Dont pull it out from lip only it will tear.
lift lip pull out a bit , get a better hold and remove.

Lube or spit with a twist will get them back in.

No other screw needs to come out only these 2.

Thanks.. I will try that.. and it looks like patience will be a big part of it as well. Can I use any lub or that red straw (never heard of that before) I never did any real mods on my old bike so this is new to me...

I'm talking about the red straw on any lube bottle like WD40.
Make sure the lube you use is safe for paint and plastic if any gets on there.

You only need the littlest bit.
Carefully peel up the lip on the rubber bushings an try to work the straw down in there a bit. Then just a millisecond of a shot of lube.
Turn the bushing to work in lube.
Then like I said pull it out enough to get a grip on it and not the lip.
Then pull it out the rest of the way.

If your having trouble getting them back in thread the screw into the rubber bushing just a turn or two and then use the head of the screw to push the bushing in and thru hole

Thanks Blanca.. this is crazy, when i just did this, i was hoping someone would get back to me by like next week. this website is incredible.. i saw the pay it forward and all my mod parts will be on there for other ppl.. this is cool......:laugh:

ya its a bit tricky putting in the new one cause of the s curves at each end,i thought i was going to crack something.take deep breaths and stay calm.:beerchug:

Denon when I first got Blanca it was 2am eastern and I posted questions .
Same thing .
it was like a free answer app on my iPhone !
Within minutes folks were offfering to help .
just returning the Karma.
Kinda like a good luck chain !

:welcome: welcome to the org ...i love it here abunch of great guys and gals and ive never actually met them but would have them at my house anytime :thumbsup:

:welcome:to the .org and the only thing that I can add is to take your time. Things will go a lot better and nothing will end up broken. Taking my time was the biggest help to me when I had to replace the oil cooler.

Back