Guys I have a weird question..

Busatroop

Registered
Ok my turbo bike has been sitting for awhile. Going through it cleaning it up getting it ready to sell/ride for a bit. I have a weird question when cleaning it up I noticed I do not have a radiator shroud nor do I have the air tubes. Now I know I dont need the airtubes as the filter is side mounted but the radiator shroud...should I have that on? I was looking at the front end I was thinking to myself ---wtf is missing here and well thats it...it was missing the shroud..what have you gen 1 guys done with that area? did you replace the shroud or do something else? Please if you can include pics...appreciate it!!

Im sorry but i dont have any pics but u dont need the air ram tubes but my bike still has the right one i guess to cool the engine down a little more..thats the only reason i can figure it was on still because it dont go to anything..
As for the fan shroud i believe i still have it on the bike.. Are u talking about those two angle looking pieces that goes in each side of the fairings?

sent from my busa

Probably the way it has to be. What type of system ? did it come as a kit ? do you have an oil cooler ?

Inquiring more abou tthe 2 pieces on the right and teh piece on the lower part of the pic...I agree no need for ram air tubes... the kit is a ghetto kit I bought in 06..

KGrHqJhwE6GzLVnOQBOwGJG2eg60_58.jpg

They should be on,I have an intercooler(ghetto) and they fit. I had to modify the bottom piece to fit,but on yours it should bolt up.
If not, modify it to fit as this gives strength to the body work and holds the side fairings on to one another.
These pieces ,being removed, could potentially cause the fairing to exit the bike at high speeds!???:whistle:

The side pieces direct air and probably make the fairings more rigid as well. It also looks much better/more finished:beerchug:

You can cut a ram air tube to fit around the up pipe , helps support the fairing , and as stated above, most of those panels can fit back in and help hold the fairing together , and just look more finished

well damn I figured I screwed this up...lol Now I have to purchase these because I know I dont have them any longer...lol...thanks guys!

well damn I figured I screwed this up...lol Now I have to purchase these because I know I dont have them any longer...lol...thanks guys!

I wouldn't waste your money. Ive been over 200 several times with those parts pictured removed, with the exception on the once piece that surrounds the oil cooler. But even that is modified because of the turbo. Just the 2 lower bolts on that piece are in just to keep the body together in the front.

Back