Guy slaps motorcyclist for racing him

I hope he pressed charges . I would have handled that differntly , dude might have got back in his car like:stoopid:

I think it was probably a small, very smart , easy going kid on a motard or something. I think he did fine if he contacted LE. Unfortunately I'm not as smart as he is. :whistle:

As soon as he got out of his car I would have been putting my kickstand down and getting off my bike. I wouldn't attack him , however, I would defend myself from any abuse. It was an ego driven responce that showed how irrational that cage driver can be. A live moving traffic lane in town isn't a place to discuss what somebody doesn't like about the way you or anybody else drives.

Well, mini me will get shot doing that stuff in some neighborhoods. I woulda just whipped his scrawny ass then use him as a bat to beat his car up a bit. before I called the cops for his own good.

its obvious cager didnt stop to give him a hug. personally as soon as he stopped, i wud have had my kickstand down and getting off bike assuming he was gonna throw it in reverse. the bike can be replaced. but he got out, also another anticipated move i wud have anticipated. either way, i wud have been ready to...i believe correct term is "protect myself"...by watever means

Avoid useless confrontations at all cost. It's the scrawny little bastids that will shoot you in the head & walk away like nothing ever happened. If I were in that situation, as soon as he stopped his car in the middle of the street I would pass him on the right and fade into traffic. Nothing good can come from a situation such as this.

follow him to wherever he is going and smack him back. he would of cried like a little girl

To the guys carrying guns. You have to back it way down or YOU are going to go to jail. If someone "comes at you" you a can't draw a weapon. He hasn't touched you and hasn't verbally threatened you, so you are in effect performing a great "assault with a firearm". If he slaps you, you still have no reason to get a gun involved. He has to present or perform an act that leads you to believe your life is in danger, then it is open season, you empty the gun into him. Till then, you would be charged with a felony and you would go to jail, not the other guy.

As a former Police Officer and CCW Instructor, it amazes me how all these guys teach classes on CCW and the students haven't a clue on how to stay out of jail. It is VERY important to know when to pull a gun and show it (not pointing it at anyone) and then when to point and pull the trigger. I don't want any Org members arrested for over stepping! You guys stay out of jail and keep on riding! :)

This is precisely why I carry.

Not sure which state you live in and there laws but....
If you were to pull a gun in that situation and got caught you would not only loose your CCP but be paying some hefty fines at the window.

Pull a gun on a small guy cause he smacked you? FAIL!!

Avoid useless confrontations at all cost. It's the scrawny little bastids that will shoot you in the head & walk away like nothing ever happened. If I were in that situation, as soon as he stopped his car in the middle of the street I would pass him on the right and fade into traffic. Nothing good can come from a situation such as this.

So very true! Avoid confortation at any opprutunity.
Had a very similar situation last year riding with rollin20z when a redneck didnt appreciate getting passed and blasted with a Brocks Alien head. This turned into the redneck community chasing us down some backroads. An oncoming car was in front of me with the driver motioning out the window for me to pull over, I ignored that request to find the car coming into my lane trying to block the road,, like a running back I did a quick fake to the left and swerved around to get past on the right side.

Now its a different story, if some road rage turns into a vehichle trying to run you off the road, now that I would justify assault with a deadly weapon being the driver and his vehichle trying to cause bodily harm to you resulting in pulling your weapon to let a few rounds off.
Better brush up on your state laws! Just because you can legally carry a weapon doesnt mean you can pull it on someone just because you got bi*&h slapped!

If your going to pull a weapon you better be pulling it to let rounds off. If its in your mind that you will pull your weapon to intimadate someone, you may just find yourself in jail or worse case dead
Its the last resort when you are in fear for your life or someone elese. Check your local state laws, here in Tennessee you can defend that person by using deadly force.

Like I said I have drawn my weapon twice in 12 years of carrying. In one instance the police were called. I was questioned and sent on my way with no hassles. I do believe I know my rights and whens and when nots.

I agree with your premise but I think here in Fla it would have been a legal shoot, the guy didn't just step out of his car, he raced in front of the guy then jammed on his brakes forcing the biker to stop, couple that with him jumping out of his car and approaching rapidly, you have reasonable cause to be in fear. Enough fear that a lady in the mini van got his plate number and asked the guy if he wanted a witness for the cops. I would bet you would probably not be charged and if you did that lady would testify and you would walk. Just like Zimmerman, its legal but its not what I would do, taking someones life is a permanent decision with heavy consequences that last a whole life, no matter what end of the killing you are on. The guy should have called the cops and pressed charges for mini me's own benefit or that munchkin will end up on a slab prematurely.

To the guys carrying guns. You have to back it way down or YOU are going to go to jail. If someone "comes at you" you a can't draw a weapon. He hasn't touched you and hasn't verbally threatened you, so you are in effect performing a great "assault with a firearm". If he slaps you, you still have no reason to get a gun involved. He has to present or perform an act that leads you to believe your life is in danger, then it is open season, you empty the gun into him. Till then, you would be charged with a felony and you would go to jail, not the other guy.

As a former Police Officer and CCW Instructor, it amazes me how all these guys teach classes on CCW and the students haven't a clue on how to stay out of jail. It is VERY important to know when to pull a gun and show it (not pointing it at anyone) and then when to point and pull the trigger. I don't want any Org members arrested for over stepping! You guys stay out of jail and keep on riding! :)

You can't even present a weapon in my state. That would be a separate charge. I think there's a little humor in all that but it's good to point out the obvious for those that might actually take some comments to seriously.

Tough guy would have had to deal with Mrs. chef.....:laugh:

A lil taste of CF knuckle sandwich....

015_2.jpg

So before we go there seeing as how it seems we are....

Are you all saying this was a justification to have shot the guy?
You the kind that would have shot him after he jumped out as he approached you before he got there?

Or what?

No, and No. What the guy did in the car was not justification to shoot, and I am not a trigger happy gun owner. I would have dismounted the bike and defended myself another way (maybe a head but). My point was, that if he (the cager) would have kept approaching and had a weapon in his hands, such as a bat, metal bar, club, gun, etc., then yes, that would have been reason to use lethal force to defend one's life. Understanding basic gun laws and how to handle various situations can mean the difference between going to jail and not going to jail. Get training if you are not sure. My rule of thumb is; my gun doesn't come out unless I am going to pull the trigger and that would only happen if I honestly thought my life, or the life of my loved ones was in danger.

P.

Bottom line is you will have to face a judge and convince him that you were in fear for your life... Sorry but a little guy like that DOESNT justify to use deadly force, put your pea shooter away your not a cop and deal with the situation.
Pulling your gun to try and intimadate just shows you have issues which you should have never got a concealed carry permit in the first place........ Sighs this is why congress is trying to take away our guns due to mis use. Just because you have a CCW permit doesnt mean your a cop, maybe your a cop in your mind but you better read up on the laws.

I'm not saying I'm a tough guy but.........

This morning, after cutting the tag off my mattress, I removed my USB drive before it was safe to eject it. So.....

I think I'm badass enough to wipe the floor with a midget like that.

Back