"this guy has too much free time"

I have ever seen.

Enjoy!

Clicky piano linkey

Scroll down and click on the link below the photo called

"while playing the piano".

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: "to make it better of course"|1092938833 -->

As a juggler, that's pretty cool. Not sure about the debate about if he's hitting the keys or if it's pre-programmed though. At the very least, it's great timing.

I'll have to post the vid of me juggling on the flute...
laugh.gif

Good one Mikey... Couldn't imagine this bein' work safe, but is indeed is! I dropped it out like this on the other board I frequent. May be bad timing for this type of humor though. That board just had a big fallout surrounding a thread with NWS photos.
rock.gif

As a juggler, that's pretty cool.  Not sure about the debate about if he's hitting the keys or if it's pre-programmed though.  At the very least, it's great timing.

laugh.gif
I'm thinking it's real. When he plays the chords (2 balls) you can hear them not hitting at the same time. Also, he stutters on one song at the beginning (tho I guess he could have it planned).

I was something like this a few years ago and the guy was playing "Flight of the Bumblbees"

As a juggler, that's pretty cool.  Not sure about the debate about if he's hitting the keys or if it's pre-programmed though.  At the very least, it's great timing.

laugh.gif
I'm thinking it's real.  When he plays the chords (2 balls) you can hear them not hitting at the same time.  Also, he stutters on one song at the beginning (tho I guess he could have it planned).  

I was something like this a few years ago and the guy was playing "Flight of the Bumblbees"
I think the debate is if the note sequence is pre programmed.  That way, he could toss the balls at his own pace, stop, stumble, etc. and the timing would be real but he would not have to be hitting the correct notes.  

I'm thinking its real.  I'm a pro musician of 20 years btw.  With his ability to toss the balls as consistantly as he is, I think it's realistic to think he's hitting the proper notes.  Plus, everything he is playing is in the key of C, which means he just needs to hit the white notes.  The black notes are probably just for show and don't function.  Plus, in the key of C, he could hit a wrong note, seeing that there are no real black keys, and it would still sound ok because he would never be out of key.  Additionally, he could save a wrong note hit by following up with the right note and it would still sound correct.  I do recall him hitting a bad note and he kind of laughs it off.

...Yup, at 54 seconds, his final chord before the mexican thing is wrong.

...Another mistake at 2:24 seconds.

If you can't tell by now, I've spent thousands of hours in studios recording and producing music. I can catch a musician's mistake like shooting fish in a barrel. Pisses them off lots but when somethings got to be radio ready, it's got to be perfect.

<!--EDIT|MeltDownZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093013353 -->

..I'm with MZ all the way.. this is 100% real!.. no faking, he hits two-notes-"chords" (voicings, better..) which is absolutely possible, anything more than that and I would call "BS".. ..also the melodies - although extremely difficult to master with ball throwing.. - is possible to achieve..

all this, is accompanied by key-activated MIDI background music sequences, already composed and stored in some playback medium.. ..of course, this is a highly rehearsed and completely pre-defined performance, so no room for improvisations here..

btw, I am a pro musician for 20 years myself!.. ..no kidding..

MZ, what are you playing man?..

..I'm with MZ all the way..   this is 100% real!..   no faking, he hits two-notes-"chords" (voicings, better..) which is absolutely possible, anything more than that and I would call "BS"..    ..also the melodies - although extremely difficult to master with ball throwing.. - is possible to achieve..  

all this, is accompanied by key-activated MIDI background music sequences, already composed and stored in some playback medium..    ..of course, this is a highly rehearsed and completely pre-defined performance, so no room for improvisations here..  

btw, I am a pro musician for 20 years myself!..   ..no kidding..

Actually, the backround music is an additional player. The timing is fluctuating regularly so the background has got to be live.

Plus, I took a closer look, he's hitting the right notes - for sure. And, the black keys are dead like I suspected. He hit a couple of black keys and they didn't trigger. There probably just painted on.

Actually, the backround music is an additional player.   The timing is fluctuating regularly so the background has got to be live.

Plus, I took a closer look, he's hitting the right notes - for sure.  And, the black keys are dead like I suspected.  He hit a couple of black keys and they didn't trigger.  There probably just painted on.
..yep, you could be right.. ..he goes fast & slow & fast again but there are sequencers that can be programmed to key-follow or combination thereof..

black keys are - of course.. - not active.. this would be too much to ask, although it can be implemented in "hyper-juggling II, the SEQUEL!!.."
smile.gif

btw, I am a pro musician for 20 years myself!..   ..no kidding..

Hey Wizard!

Actually, I play just about all modern instruments. Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys. I've gotten a few record deals, owned a studio, and played live a lot. These days, I just play electric guitar for studio sessions or touring bands. While I've got tons of gear which could fit out several studios and stage setups, my favorite these days is to just play my strat into a good ol' Fendder tube amp (Ok, it's got custom tubes and speakers but what the hey). I did through a Dimarzio Fast Track II 320 mw output humbucker into the bridge of my strat so I could get the heavy modern day crunch. And, I have a custom made channel switcher booster that allows a single click for channel switching and an idependant solo boost for each amp channel. Oh yeah, and I have a 2x12" extension cab. I only use Jensen speakers and EH tubes. Except for a wah and Fender amp reverb, I never use effects live unless the artist absolutely has to have it. But, that's rare. I usually get hired for my sound which is clean, distortion, with tons of amp reverb and wah.

I get a sh*t-ton of questions about my live setup so I've made a little website describing it and the gear.

Here's my rig without the custom switcher. You the see the switcher on the website...

Actually, the backround music is an additional player.   The timing is fluctuating regularly so the background has got to be live.

Plus, I took a closer look, he's hitting the right notes - for sure.  And, the black keys are dead like I suspected.  He hit a couple of black keys and they didn't trigger.  There probably just painted on.
..yep, you could be right..    ..he goes fast & slow & fast again but there are sequencers that can be programmed to key-follow or combination thereof..

black keys are - of course.. - not active..    this would be too much to ask, although it can be implemented in "hyper-juggling II, the SEQUEL!!.."    
smile.gif
Hey Wizard,

Perhaps we should try and out do him by activiting the black keys and using smaller ballz like supper ballz. Can you imagine that line in a bar... "Hi, my name is MeltDown and what makes me special is my small ballz."
thumbs-up.gif

I like it.

..ok, my turn..
smile.gif

I am a key-man really, ac. piano, rhodes, B-3 & synths (all of 'em!..). I was a gigging musician for all my life, and now I have changed the tune a bit.. (..you know this can't last forever..). Also own a project studio where more than 60 tv series music themes were composed, performed & produced..

I have even gigged in NY for a while with Gerardo Velez & Julio Fernandez (of the Spyro Gyra group..).. ..a couple of years in London UK with various artists, but mainly based and played in Greece..
smile.gif

nice to know there 's a fellow musician at the forum! (..we also both ride the fastest color/year..
smile.gif
..AND with same carbon mufflers.. )

smile.gif

smile.gif

..ok, my turn..  
smile.gif

I am a key-man really, ac. piano, rhodes, B-3 & synths (all of 'em!..).    I was a gigging musician for all my life, and now I have changed the tune a bit..   (..you know this can't last forever..).    Also own a project studio where more than 60 tv series music themes were composed, performed & produced..  

I have even gigged in NY for a while with Gerardo Velez & Julio Fernandez (of the Spyro Gyra group..)..   ..a couple of years in London UK with various artists, but mainly based and played in Greece..    
smile.gif

nice to know there 's a fellow musician at the forum!   (..we also both ride the fastest color/year..  
smile.gif
  ..AND with same carbon mufflers.. )
That is very cool! Same year and bolt-ons and all
thumbs-up.gif

So you understand what I mean when I say that playing dance music to hot drunk girls ripping off there tops just gets old after a while. Ho hmmm. Eventually you burn out and half to settle down.
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Dude, Spyro Gyra?!?!?!?!?!  You must be a monster on the keys!

I can play that fast but trying to memorize all those variations, progressions, etc. seems like studying for a bar exam.

<!--EDIT|MeltDownZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093016561 -->

Back