Gun show this weekend

Rongotti

Registered
I went with the purpose of selling my Glock 33 (.357 Sig sub-compact) and buying a Sig Sauer P250 .357 Sig sub-compact. I ended up selling my Glock in a private sale for $350 and bought a Sig p250 compact with 3 mags and 2 barrels (.357 sig and.40) and tritium night sights for $500 ($533 otd), and a Sig Sauer sub-compact 9MM with 1 mag for $380 otd. One can never have too many guns right? :)

I am definitely partial to the .357 Sig round (.40 is for homo's :rofl:) but I am going to find some black tallons for the 9mm and carry that. When I had to shoot my way out of a car jacking back in 2006 the black tallon 9mm did just fine :whistle:

2011-07-16_14-16-44_966.jpg

Nice gun. I've got a couple ammo cans full of Black Talons.
You do know the Winchester Ranger sxt round is the same thing as the BTs and you can buy those new and fresh?

Nice gun. I've got a couple ammo cans full of Black Talons.
You do know the Winchester Ranger sxt round is the same thing as the BTs and you can buy those new and fresh?

OOOOO Blanca you gotta hook me up man!
None of the ammo venders had them
I know they haven't been made in at least 8 years but I swear by them
You want to sell me 50?
I know the SXT (same exact thing lol) round is very very similar but I love that black coating!

They haven't made real Black Talons in at least ten to fifteen years.
Ones I got are at least that old. I know I got some .45s and 10mm as those were the calibers I was into back then. Let me check (which means I gotta go thru a bazillion ammo cans to find them) and see what if any 9mm I have. Either way I'll tell you I would not feel comfy carrying 15 year old ammo for self defense. I've shot ammo 70 yrs old before but for carry I like freshy fresh.

Your correct the only real diff between Sxt and BT is the Lublox coating and loss of the 'talons'. There is a current Leo only version of the BTs though it's called Ranger T. These still have the talons. Find them at a gun show I bet.

Here's a good thread

Ranger and Black Talon ammo?

I feel you, normally I would not trust it, but for black tallons I will make an exception. I have been using Speer Gold Dot Law Enforcement series in my sig pro and Glock when I had it.

What's wrong with a jacketed hollow point? I need to check my local laws but I think we are restricted to certain types of ammo. A 45 acp hollow point is a serious round. Would like to see what a BT looks like.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I guess I'll start opening some cans. Every one is like Christmas. Been so long since I opened them I don't know what's in there :laugh:

I'm interested in one of these :
Fully Automatic Shotgun!!!‬‏ - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
What's wrong with a jacketed hollow point? I need to check my local laws but I think we are restricted to certain types of ammo. A 45 acp hollow point is a serious round. Would like to see what a BT looks like.

After my shooting the homicide detectives came back to my house the next day and said they had two more questions. 1) did I have my CCP? No (but I do now) 2) what kind of bullets did I use? Black Tallons their reply, "I know it had to be something, because I have never seen a 9mm round do damage like that before. They thought it was some sort of ballistic round. I am not a huge fan of 9MM BUT this round is :hot: and it hits HARD!
Here is a pic of them for you
800px-Winchester_Black_Talon_10mm.jpg

New Jersey is the only state I believe that has specific laws pertaining to possession of HP ammo.

ahhh you guys make me jealous..."self defense" and even "home defense" are concepts that do not exist in canada when it comes to firearms.... can only use my handguns at ranges :(

ahhh you guys make me jealous..."self defense" and even "home defense" are concepts that do not exist in canada when it comes to firearms.... can only use my handguns at ranges :(

What? no "Oh ****" stash in the gun safe?
Honestly I don't think I could sleep without my firearms
I am sure Blanca's stash makes mine pale in comparison tho! :)

IMG_0683.jpg

I feel you, normally I would not trust it, but for black tallons I will make an exception. I have been using Speer Gold Dot Law Enforcement series in my sig pro and Glock when I had it.

Don't feel underarmed with the Gold Dot!

I sold all of my excess Black Talon last year and bought a half case of Gold Dot. I've been using the Gold Dot for at least 12 years.

Don't feel underarmed with the Gold Dot!

I sold all of my excess Black Talon last year and bought a half case of Gold Dot. I've been using the Gold Dot for at least 12 years.

The Remington Golden Saber is also an excellent round.
Jacket is split longitudinally and opens like a talon when shot.

Well Ron.....not sure what happened or where they are?
I just opened every can I got and found everything but BTs?

I found a few boxes of transitional sxt ammo that still came in Black Talon style boxes...
2c3ebb35.jpg

I found a few boxes of PMC Eldorado Starfire ammo...
c80f2479.jpg

And I found several boxes of Remington .38 special multi-ball ammo which are .38 Specials each loaded with two 000 Buck balls. These are really cool....
24248a91.jpg

32918bfa.jpg

But no Black Talons? I need to check my sold Gunbroker file and see if I sold them there?
Other than that I'm clueless?

What? no "Oh ****" stash in the gun safe?
Honestly I don't think I could sleep without my firearms
I am sure Blanca's stash makes mine pale in comparison tho! :)

That display is weak! :laugh: But you've got cash there. :whistle:

You went to a gun show, and have cash left? What is wrong with the world these days... :banghead:

That display is weak! :laugh: But you've got cash there. :whistle:

You went to a gun show, and have cash left? What is wrong with the world these days... :banghead:

That is like $3K in the emergency fund
Stays locked up in the safe
Never know when the bank will be locked up :)
Nothing wrong with a little mattress money

Back