Gun show ammo

Got it!!

Hey Blanca, they had Wolf 5.56 new in box, steel cased, for about 50 bucks cheaper. Which would you have chosen?

and $275 for 1000 rnds of decent range ammo is great.
Factory fresh 5.56 I have seen go for like 4-600 something, crazy.

Glad I stocked up when Clinton came to town...:laugh:

mobile-2009-12-27-2106[1] (200x150).jpg

01191025a (200x150).jpg

mobile-2009-12-27-2106[1] (200x150).jpg

01191025a (200x150).jpg

I would have gotten what you got.
Wolf is Russian ammo made to their idea of what a round should be.
A cheap explosive going in a cheap gun.
Steel case is most likely laquered as well .
A cold steel case going into a hot steel chamber which one do you think will eventually wear out ?
Laquer is a 'battle' lube they put on cases cuz it repels tarnishing and in times of war holds up.
This is when you either have an armorer to replace your gun with a worn chamber or pick up some dead guys gun.
Russians think in terms of disposability with their guns and people.
Americans like nice soft brass cases to go into their hard steel chambers so it does not wear them out as quick.

Whew I have gone thru enough wood boxes like that to have made some nice cabinets in DEMMYMS man cave........:rofl:

Brass all the way. Steel case is problems on top of problems waiting to happen from my exp. I've shot quite a bit from ak's and sks but never out of my ar's or mini14.

Another problem I've heard of with steel but never had is stuck casing or the rim pulling off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mattstang a Stuck case usually is the result of , yes a cold steel laquered case going into a hot steel chamber. After many rnds that laquer builds up and will grab that case like you cant believe. Especially if you shoot like 20 rnds out of a 30 rnd mag and stop leaving one in , put safety on, look thru spotting scope to check target and such. If that chamber cools you just glued yourself stuck and when you fire that rnd it will rip the bottom right off that case. Not all the time but it does happen. You can stop and leave a brass case in forever and it will never stick to steel.

A stuck case remover tool is an excellent tool to have no matter the gun or caliber.
Only like 10-20 bucks for a good one.

AKs and SKS' traditionally have much looser chambers and some even have flutes in them to help disperse what is anticipated to be laquered ammo going thru.
Our styles of guns Mini 14s and ARs have a tighter chamber usually for better accuracy.

Last edited:
you can stop and leave a brass case in forever and it will never stick to steel.

A stuck case remover tool is an excellent tool to have no matter the gun or caliber.
Only like 10-20 bucks for a good one.

AKs and SKS' traditionally have much looser chambers and some even have flutes in them to help disperse what is anticipated to be laquered ammo going thru.
Our styles of guns Mini 14s and ARs have a tighter chamber usually for better accuracy.

Don't tell my father in law that. He stuck a brass 300 weatherby mag in a 300 win mag like you wouldn't believe. Lol.

Cheapie he had some unlabeled ammo he got with the gun and tried it out.

Preety much my sentiments with the ak and sks they were made by those steel case making commies so they should take the abuse. lmao.
Posted via Mobile Device

An AK47 was never designed to last longer than the soldier who carried it.
And at the time they were designed neither were supposed to last long..:laugh:

Back