Gun show ammo

GA_boi

Donating Member
Registered
Anybody ever buy the factory reloads? 5.56 factory reloads 1000 rnds for 275. Yes, no? Great, garbage? Thoughts?

Factory reloads like blackhills. I've shot plenty. Shot plenty reman's from reputable companies as well. But to buy from ammo joe from nowheresville is kinds risky to me. Just my 2cents.
Posted via Mobile Device

Please clarify 'factory reloads'

Reloaded by whom and with what ?

New cases or used cases ?

All headstamps on cases the same or diff ?

All the rnds the same or mixed (FMJ or Soft Points or Mixed)

Are they in a plastic bag , stapled with a label on them ? STAY AWAY

Yeah idk who the manufacturer was. It was from probably the biggest booth there. They had probably 20,000 rnds of 223 reloads just in 1000 rnd lots. Dont think it was from joe snuffy.

Please clarify 'factory reloads'? sold as the manufacturer had reloaded it...previously used casings.

Reloaded by whom and with what ? the factory and their stuff?

New cases or used cases ? casings looked new but they could have been tumbled and made to look new. they look new

All headstamps on cases the same or diff ? idk?

All the rnds the same or mixed (FMJ or Soft Points or Mixed) all FMJ

Are they in a plastic bag , stapled with a label on them ? STAY AWAY not in a bag, a big plastic Plano box, a plastic ammo can

where do i find the headstamps and what are those?

Last edited:
I was in northern Wi and most the bulk .223 and 556 was all reloads. But was marked new or used brass and almost every dealer carried them. So I gave em a go around. It worked out. As long as they a proffesional business appearance and demeanor as well as some relatively close location I'd give it a go around.

Watch for squibs and excessive recoil. Either happens stop and check weapon as well as the rest of the lot or talk to the manufacturer. You could go buy a digi scale and check some of the weights for consistency.
Posted via Mobile Device

The little markings on the bottom of each case.
If its Remington it will have 'rem'
If its Winchester it will have 'win' or others
and such , like this.

8mm_headstamp.jpg

Not sure of the make but they either all match or dont.
If they dont obv they are not from the same group,maker or even same gun that fired them.

Dangerous to shoot reloads in a semi auto gun.
If you did not load them or are confident of the person who did you cannot be sure the crimp on bullet in case is sufficient to prevent it from going back into case upon loading.
Quite often these reloads are not properly crimped and it creates a very dangerous condition if one of those bullets gets shoved back deeper into the case from the semi auto action.
Creates an incredible amount of extra pressure and can make things go boom from areas its not supposed to.

On a side note. Why do some rnds have the red or colored junk arounf the primer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Headstamps are as follows... I randomly pulled out 4 groups of 3 rnds

6- LC 07
4- LC 06
1- LC 05
1- WCC 07

Please clarify 'factory reloads'? sold as the manufacturer had reloaded it...previously used casings.

Reloaded by whom and with what ? the factory and their stuff?

What label is on can ? what factory , whose stuff ?

Sure there are places like Lake City that has recycled ammo which is machine gun ammo that has been delinked or taken off MG chains separated and sold bulk. Also Winchester has been known to recycle ammo but with todays market and wars 5.56 is scarce so I doubt it it from any larger manu ?

Is it from '4 Star Guns' in ?.?.? or a Brand name all recognize ?

LC=Lake City
WCC= Winchester Cartridge Company

All good cases to begin with..
Not sure on the rest.

Years originally loaded.

Starting to sound like decent stuff.

Tell me is there a colored ring around bullet where it goes in case and another ring around primer ? Maybe in red or green ?
If so it is sealed stuff and made on a very large machine by a reputable co >

IDK Blanca??? p90x kicked my trash this week. im kinda tired of going up and down the stairs to go look at a tackle box full of bullets:laugh: give me 5 and i'll have a answer for ya:laugh:

Fat boi??? I'm 6'3 205 lbs and can run 2 miles in 13 mins.:whistle: Only trying to better myself.

The box is very undescript, I bought some .25 hollow points that has the same kind of barcode sticker. The .25 box says its dist. by MIWALL CORP out of Green Valley, CA.

No red or green markings around the primer either

Sounds like good stuff.
Should be ok , dont sue me though...:laugh:

Just take 15-20 and put them in a mag when you get to the range or a safe place.
Put safety on and rack the rounds thru the gun.
Dont fire any, just with your hand manually with whatever gun your using cycle them thru by pulling charging handle or cocking lever.
Then look at them and see if any have moved in or not.
Sometimes the action of getting fed off mag over feedramp into chamber is hard on reloads and this is when they get pushed back in.

Back