Gun owners and handlers...

BoostCreep

Registered
Maybe I'm too touchy on the subject but, if you know somebody has a BB gun, and it's unloaded but it looks like a real gun and this person is pointing this thing in your face, does it bother you? I ended up losing it on some 20 year old girl today for doing just that, I asked her politely the first time to point it down or away, started getting angry the second time I said it, and the third time I just lost my **** and started yelling at her. I gave it a tiny more leeway than normal because I knew it was fake, but regardless, I don't know if there's anything that makes my blood boil hotter, getting a gun (fake or real) pointed directly at you.

What are your thoughts? Knowing it's a fake gun makes it no big deal and I overreacted, or...

It was some junky plastic Beretta rip off that was full sized.

After the 1st attempt when you politely asked her......would have gone to her house, knocked on door to discuss with parents. Situation can get ugly/messy fast when a parent finds out 2nd hand from daughter what you said/did

Would be a good idea but this particular child doesn't have a good relationship with her parents, and they're halfway around the world.

If it has the ability to shoot anything other than water, I'd have a fit too. I don't like asking more than once when it comes to something that could potential hurt me.

If it has the ability to shoot anything other than water, I'd have a fit too. I don't like asking more than once when it comes to something that could potential hurt me.

I pretty much feel the same. After asking the 2nd time goes to show the kid(young adult) had no respect. Especially after you showed signs of getting upset asking the 2nd time.

However, maybe it's worth going over and discussing your side of your reaction with her. If the kid wasn't really taught to be certain ways, she might be looking at you as some butt-hole.

You sir are way more generous than I would have been. After the first time I would have made it evidently clear that pointing a firearm at someone is no bueno.

I remember that my dad beat my butt as a child when I pointed a plastic gun at him. Never forgot that lesson.

That is a 100% bad situation...no responsibility on the gun holders part...I would have bent in in half or smashed it and made an offer to replace after explain the situation to their parents.

I would have told her to get it out of my face then knocked it out of her hand and gave her a 'what for' speech about guns and listening.

You did what any normal person would have. I might have broke it over my knee and gave it back.

No theres no overreacting when it comes to gun safety. safe habits start with BBguns/redguns and other training tools. if i see a student point a redgun (fake plastic training gun) at someone or comitting other unsafe acts with it after being instructed to treat it as a real firearm, i kick them out of class. the instructor in me wouldve tried to find out WHY she was doing it and tried to correct it but 2 warnings where more than enough before you samuel l jacksoned her

First time the butt chewing, second time it's mine.. tell your daddy to come get it from me...

If you even pointed a rubber band gun at me with your fingers & rubber band you would be in trouble....

Don't point anything at me with any projectile.... period end of paragraph

A 20 year old? That's no kid, and if it were, she still would've been in for a lesson that would be no fun to learn. She was an adult, and you'd be completely within your rights to lose your cool about what happened. If a 20 year old guy did that to me, I'd take it away and smack him around with it. No questions asked. I went to school with a kid who lost an eye from a BB gun. True firearm or not, it throws a projectile at high enough velocity to cause a permanent and disabling injury.

Maybe I'm too touchy on the subject but, if you know somebody has a BB gun, and it's unloaded but it looks like a real gun and this person is pointing this thing in your face, does it bother you? I ended up losing it on some 20 year old girl today for doing just that, I asked her politely the first time to point it down or away, started getting angry the second time I said it, and the third time I just lost my **** and started yelling at her. I gave it a tiny more leeway than normal because I knew it was fake, but regardless, I don't know if there's anything that makes my blood boil hotter, getting a gun (fake or real) pointed directly at you.

What are your thoughts? Knowing it's a fake gun makes it no big deal and I overreacted, or...

It was some junky plastic Beretta rip off that was full sized.

Justified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

The Four Rules Of Gun Safety

1. The Gun Is Always Loaded!
2. Never point A Gun At Something You're Not Prepared To Destroy!
3. Always Be Sure Of Your Target And What Is Behind It!
4. Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Your Sights Are On The Target!

If you even pointed a rubber band gun at me with your fingers & rubber band you would be in trouble....

Don't point anything at me with any projectile.... period end of paragraph

Bingo! I don't tollerate people pointing there finger at me. As far as having to tell someone 3 times...I can barely stand it once.

Don't:
speak to me like that
get in my personal space
touch me
be rude

I have a million rules and they all come with only one warning. I would have had serious trouble with this scenario,being that it was a female. If it were a 20 year old male...the second warning would have been a punch to the face.

RSD.

Back