GUN CONTROL........ hahaha

brilliant analysis Mr. Brown, as usual and very well stated. One thing I would say is 18 year olds in the services are under extreme supervision. Still how do you deny someone the privileges of citizenship then ask them to make the maximum sacrifice?

18-19 year olds are patrolling in foreign countries right now loaded up with what REALLY ARE Assault rifles.

But yes, I am somewhat conflicted about 18 year olds and firearms. Yet the Dems want 16 year olds to vote...humm...

18-19 year olds are patrolling in foreign countries right now loaded up with what REALLY ARE Assault rifles.

But yes, I am somewhat conflicted about 18 year olds and firearms. Yet the Dems want 16 year olds to vote...humm...
The Democratic party mistakenly believe that youth is a reliable indicator of liberal political views, and their suggesting lowering the age is self serving. They're losing voters to their own arrogance.

Who Was Sol Pais, the Woman Sought in Colorado?

A potential school shooting thwarted by law officials taking a credible threat seriously! Mad props to the FBI and Miami Beach police for their actions. If Colorado had a waiting period to purchase firearms they would have stopped her before she even got her hands on a gun. Unfortunately this very disturbed individual took her own life.

Who Was Sol Pais, the Woman Sought in Colorado?

A potential school shooting thwarted by law officials taking a credible threat seriously! Mad props to the FBI and Miami Beach police for their actions. If Colorado had a waiting period to purchase firearms they would have stopped her before she even got her hands on a gun. Unfortunately this very disturbed individual took her own life.
Respectfully, if Colorado had a waiting period for long guns she likely would have bought one illegally. Her posts on the gun site revealed her intent. As you say, she was obviously very disturbed.

Respectfully, if Colorado had a waiting period for long guns she likely would have bought one illegally.

How would illegally bring a gun with her on an airplane? She was an 18 year old kid she could have found an illegal firearm in Colorado but it would have been harder and more time consuming than walking right into a store and purchasing one on the spot. The police were literally one day behind her.

How would illegally bring a gun with her on an airplane? She was an 18 year old kid she could have found an illegal firearm in Colorado but it would have been harder and more time consuming than walking right into a store and purchasing one on the spot. The police were literally one day behind her.
She'd inquired about how to get one quick, and hinted that illegal means would be acceptable. It would have been a little more difficult, but she had money, and that's all it takes. I can't know that my perspective is accurate, but it certainly seems likely given the result.

Guilty until proven innocent,that's the way it goes these days.
Not sure of my position on this. It almost seems like a no brainer that the family can't ask the authorities to take weapons from someone. Are you telling me if a wife said this to the police they would ignore it without this law? There are plenty situations where the justice system takes property before a trial. DUI impound a car, bike speeding impound bike, seizing suspected drug or stolen property. So this is not much different.

Not sure of my position on this. It almost seems like a no brainer that the family can't ask the authorities to take weapons from someone. Are you telling me if a wife said this to the police they would ignore it without this law? There are plenty situations where the justice system takes property before a trial. DUI impound a car, bike speeding impound bike, seizing suspected drug or stolen property. So this is not much different.

I'm not sure it's that different but I have an issue with all those seizures. Innocent until proven guilty. It has been shown that government agencies have used the drug/property forfeiture laws as a way to raise money in an unlawful manner.

I'm not sure it's that different but I have an issue with all those seizures. Innocent until proven guilty. It has been shown that government agencies have used the drug/property forfeiture laws as a way to raise money in an unlawful manner.
True and they are abusing that power a lot. But on the other hand if you arrested some of these people and let them walk on bail they would disappear. Not sure what the answer is on that.

True and they are abusing that power a lot. But on the other hand if you arrested some of these people and let them walk on bail they would disappear. Not sure what the answer is on that.
well.... if a TARGET employee has 5 million dollars in 11 different banks... and he cant explain where the money came from.... lol... and "In Vegas" doesn't count as an explanation...………….....

I wish I had the answer. We have generally tried 2 paths in the US: Judge/prosecution discretion or the mandatory minimum requirements. Both have their flaws. I also have no issue with the government confiscating income from illegal activity but it has to be done right.

My issue with Red Flag laws is not the intent (the road to He!! is paved with good intentions) but the execution.

An 18-year old can legally fly a shotgun. The airline only verifies that it is unloaded and properly packed - they don't verify ownership or legality.

Waiting periods don't prevent premeditated crimes. Waiting periods primarily (99+%) only affect (negatively affect) law abiding folks.

I wish I had the answer. We have generally tried 2 paths in the US: Judge/prosecution discretion or the mandatory minimum requirements. Both have their flaws. I also have no issue with the government confiscating income from illegal activity but it has to be done right.

My issue with Red Flag laws is not the intent (the road to He!! is paved with good intentions) but the execution.
There is no perfect answer, freedom and safety exist at opposite ends of a spectrum, a society cannot simultaneously have more of both. The question is, how much of each are we willing to trade for the other. The more closely we monitor society, the safer it becomes, at the expense of individual freedoms. Then add in the fact that bias (both individual and societal) and manipulation of it play large roles in the system, and it isn't difficult to see that America has a problem which is going to be difficult to solve.

An 18-year old can legally fly a shotgun. The airline only verifies that it is unloaded and properly packed - they don't verify ownership or legality.
She didn't have one to fly. That was what she was trying to work around.

Waiting periods don't prevent premeditated crimes. Waiting periods primarily (99+%) only affect (negatively affect) law abiding folks.
Waiting periods don't negatively affect all law abiding folks. They allow the state a chance to ensure that the person buying has not lost the right to do so. They may negatively affect some gun buyers (who are indeed law abiding folks), but if a few days patience is the cost of safety, so be it....

There is no perfect answer, freedom and safety exist at opposite ends of a spectrum, a society cannot simultaneously have more of both. The question is, how much of each are we willing to trade for the other. The more closely we monitor society, the safer it becomes, at the expense of individual freedoms. Then add in the fact that bias (both individual and societal) and manipulation of it play large roles in the system, and it isn't difficult to see that America has a problem which is going to be difficult to solve.
that's funny... cause in a PM .......... YOU said that society can have more of each at the same time..... rofl..... hahahahahaha

Back