Gun confiscation: is this how it begins?

You need to read past the tree line to see into the forest..The story isn't about his collection of guns, but the possibility of laws being broken and them trying to keep the guns that are untraceable from maybe getting into criminals hands... You guys are :rofl: you ever seen someone doing right investigated or being watched?? :rofl:

You need to read past the tree line to see into the forest..The story isn't about his collection of guns, but the possibility of laws being broken and them trying to keep the guns that are untraceable from maybe getting into criminals hands... You guys are :rofl: you ever seen someone doing right investigated or being watched?? :rofl:

And filed no charges after taking all of them???

Code:
He is being investigated for possible gun smuggling, tax evasion and violating importation laws.

The quote above taken from a local news source. As a comment there mentioned, take the firearm angle away and it does not get the attention media wants. Tax evasion and smuggling violations.....ho hum. Firearm stuff...that's the hot button item. Additional information will be nice but who knows if it will be forthcoming??

In many ways I think the disarming of citizens by the government is a self fulfilling prophecy. Gun owners get more and more militant, then the government has to step in because they meet the profile of dangerous, irrational people. Then they say "we were right they are after our guns!".

Does a man really need that many guns? Legal or not? I collection of a hundred guns is a lot but 1500+ idk thats more like an obsession.

I'm thinking 1500 guns even if you are a retailer would be something law enforcement would be wise to check up on. I'd also say if he has a legal paper trail for all 1,500 guns he is golden. Let law enforcement do their job. If he is involved in criminal activity, I'm sure he will be charged. If not, he gets his guns back and everyone is happy! :dunno:

If you have 1500 guns of all types (old, new, rare, etc.) that is not normal but I can see it as a serious hobby. But if you have something like 250 AR 15's and 500 Pistos that are identical then that's a guy who is arming a private army. I don't care how far you stretch the 2nd amendment it doesn't allow you to have a private armory.

one "collector" at a time, large raids with many officers, swat. trumped up charges of justification...what exactly are the "facts"

DHS Raids Gun Collector - Confiscates Nearly 1,500 Guns - No Charges Filed : Freedom Outpost

:banghead::banghead:
omg really? if ur a criminal yea that's exactly how it begins. maybe you need to re-read the article again...... it was a SEARCH warrant not an ARREST warrant.

im sure charges will be forthcoming...... "gun smuggling, tax evasion, violating importation laws." geez, what would ever give anyone the impression that he is smuggling guns when he had 1500 of them near the border of Mexico....:whistle: a little common sense here.???

Chris, let us know the outcome. I seriously doubt it's a move to seize weapons in violation of the Constitution.

I'm sure charges will be coming. If even one of those weapons comes back as 'illegally obtained' the man will be charged with a felony and all his weapons stripped. If they are all clean, which I doubt, then all will be returned.

If you have 1500 guns of all types (old, new, rare, etc.) that is not normal but I can see it as a serious hobby. But if you have something like 250 AR 15's and 500 Pistos that are identical then that's a guy who is arming a private army. I don't care how far you stretch the 2nd amendment it doesn't allow you to have a private armory.

Actually, if these are all purchased legally, please cite what law says he CAN'T.....

Its not a stretch of the 2nd amendment to have that many guns. Even if all of them were the exact same model AR15. Nowhere does it day how many of which model we can have. He can have 10,000 for all I care. As long as each and every one of them was lawfully obtained. Im sure This guy was up to no good so I have no issues with his stash being taken.

im just bringing it to everyones attention..they had been watching him for like 2 years...claiming he was selling (even though i believe he has a FFL) this should not have been a swat raid ect ect large show of force ect ect...

im just bringing it to everyones attention..they had been watching him for like 2 years...claiming he was selling (even though i believe he has a FFL) this should not have been a swat raid ect ect large show of force ect ect...
Chris, apparently they proved their case to a judge. Judges do not typically take the 4th amendment lightly. His FFL does not prevent him from illegally trading in firearms or evading taxes. You wouldn't believe how many officers lose their lives on raids of this nature. I don't know their motives, but on the other hand; what does it matter ......... what's the issue

Actually, if these are all purchased legally, please cite what law says he CAN'T.....

Answer to your question is pretty obvious to the majority "normal" Americans. (see how i put it in a way to piss you off Keith?) :laugh:

Seriously, there is no law (or amendment) that limits how many guns are enough. But on the other hand it doesn't say the government can't limit how many you can have either. Even the flawed Supreme decision in 08 said the govet can still pass gun control, they just can't prohibit gun ownership all together. Clearly 1500 guns goes beyond filling the goals of the 2nd amendment.

That's my story, I'm not debating it.

Back