Guitar Hero question

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Are there any games in the series that offer a "free play" mode, where ya can just play whatever notes ya want?

I don't own any of the GH series, so I can't say for certain, but from watching my cousins play it, and the buttons appearing not to have common note assignments, I would have to say no.

Alternatively, the real guitar is not much more difficult to pick up, and does allow you to play any note you want.
whistling.gif

i can't imagine playin a real guitar as sometimes Guitar Hero is even rough on me on easy. Tried Medium and it kicked my ass

Real guitar isn't that hard once you get past the stupid fingers stage.

Besides, there's no minimum speed on the real guitar, so it makes practicing easier.

Hey Red, love your signature pic, where can I get THAT on the back of a tee shirt
rock.gif

If I recall, it's staged as easy medium and hard. It IS a "GAME" and not an education tool, so yeah, you can't play "notes".... I know ROCK BAND has a JAM OUT section in the game that you earn by being good enough, and you get to free form solos in the song, but that doesnt match real guitar anything. All those games are "Match the colors" like DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION... and it allll started with Simon! hahahhahaa

for the price of today's games, you can get a real cheap guitar and a self teach chord book. great way to start. real lessons would be THE BEST way to go about it: you PAY for those and are thus more diciplined to keep up and learn it
smile.gif
I bet there is free educational software out there online too if ya google for it

anyone got some advice on how i should start out then?
Get yourself a decent electric guitar from E bay or some of the online companies. Some of the Fender Stratocaster models made in Mexaco play and sound good, and can be bought for a couple hundred bucks. You can get a small practice amplifier for less than a hundred bucks, or something called the POD from line 6 that has all kinds of effects built in that you can listen through headphones. It makes learning fun when you can make cool sounds right away, and the POD will let you duplicate equipment costing thousands of dollars for a couple hundred bucks. Check out the gear at www.musiciansfriend.com.

Ive owned all 4 at one point in time and there isn't a free pley option however on 2, 3 and the 80's edition there are prctice modes where you don't fail the song and you can prctice certain sections.

Free notes would only allow you to play 5 notes which is why they didn't put the money into it. Which brings me to the solution of playing your telepones push button tones... start here before you attempt rotary though.

beerchug.gif

anyone got some advice on how i should start out then?
Get yourself a decent electric guitar from E bay or some of the online companies. Some of the Fender Stratocaster models made in Mexaco play and sound good, and can be bought for a couple hundred bucks. You can get a small practice amplifier for less than a hundred bucks, or something called the POD from line 6 that has all kinds of effects built in that you can listen through headphones. It makes learning fun when you can make cool sounds right away, and the POD will let you duplicate equipment costing thousands of dollars for a couple hundred bucks. Check out the gear at www.musiciansfriend.com.
Here's a case where buying from the 'bay to get the cheapest price might actually work against you.

Squier by Fender Stratocaster ($99.99)

And if you do decide to take the plunge into real guitars, skip the amp. A Pod or other multiFX pedal sounds better through headphones than most practice amps sound, period.

Start acoustic. It's easy to switch to an eletric after learning on an acoustic, but it's hard to go the other way.

pics if my guitars

50's Rodger Rossemeisl
IMG_0093.jpg

NRG 12 string
IMG_0089.jpg

Regal resonator
IMG_0086_1.jpg

'81 Daion 999
IMG_0085.jpg

Yamaha "strat"
IMG_0091.jpg

Etude classical