Guided a blind runner for the first time in my life this am

202mphbusa

Registered
I have so much to learn if I am going to keep doing this.
So easy on the 20-30 minute sections that 0 feedback is needed to "forget" the number one task at hand
Emergency commands are the hardest, brain panic, I have to work on this I would give my performance a C-

What comes to my mind is the relationship between rally car driver and co-driver. The trust between the two has to be complete, or it ain't gonna end well.
Good on you for helping a fellow runner like this, you're a good man.

Told my wife about this and now she want to help runners like you after the marathon, or any chance she can get. It’s amazing when people loose sight of the worlds problems and focus on helping someone. Much respect brother!

Lead the way

What comes to my mind is the relationship between rally car driver and co-driver. The trust between the two has to be complete, or it ain't gonna end well.
Good on you for helping a fellow runner like this, you're a good man.
We used to do trust exercises all the time...one guy wearing black goggles and the other guy guiding him through a tactical maze via radio up to and including directing the guy in goggles to fire upon targets (adjusting his aim and such). It was pretty intense sometimes.

Guiding a blind runner is pretty cool though and something very worthy.

Told my wife about this and now she want to help runners like you after the marathon, or any chance she can get. It’s amazing when people loose sight of the worlds problems and focus on helping someone. Much respect brother!

Lead the way
Tell her,,, why wait? there may be runners training for the same race as her

She’s actually helping a lady ( not blind ) but being a pacer for a 100km run. I’m proud of both of y’all for being willing to help someone. Especially thouse with challenges! Bravo brother! Keep up the great work and share your stories often.

Back