Guess who has two thumbs and a SMOOTH dash

busa186

Registered
*this guy*

I had a major fail trying to smooth out my dash and thought the world was over. So I was going to get a set online somewhere but my wife said no... I mean talked me into trying again. Looks pretty good for... SPRAY PAINT!

Sand sand and sand. This is the finished with 2000 grit and then rubbing compound then swirl remover. Still has some work but now there's hope.

uploadfromtaptalk1299213569172.jpg after
uploadfromtaptalk1299213569172.jpg before

Sent from your moms house using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1299213569172.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1299213631107.jpg

Yeah, we will see how they look in sunlight but doing good so far!
Posted via Mobile Device

THAT GUY!

Good job, glad to see it worked out for, when should send ya mine? :whistle:

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Thinking about going into business, you know. Got a couple things lined up. Kid down the street wants me to do his push cart. My son brought me his power wheel.

Think I might hook up the wifes fridge...
Posted via Mobile Device

I've thought about having that done. I always think the paint would crack from bending the panels taking them off and on ???

I've thought about having that done. I always think the paint would crack from bending the panels taking them off and on ???

Nah, maybe some lower quality paints, but the better ones flex right along with the plastic, like the fairings.

Wow very nice. I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber set... How did you sand them? Use a sander Im guessing? By hand would be insane.... I may try my luck with them one day... How long did it take to sand them down?

Wow very nice. I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber set... How did you sand them? Use a sander Im guessing? By hand would be insane.... I may try my luck with them one day... How long did it take to sand them down?

Then I sir... are a we bit crazy! :stoopid: it was done with 320 then 400, 800 then filler primmer. The primmer did not mix well with the paint so I sanded all over again the primed the painted (rustolium gloss black) sanded with 2000 then rubbing compound then swirl remover. I have a couple spots to touch up but I think I am the only one that knows about it. It doesn’t help that every time I look at a paint job all I can see is orange peel! I cant wait till I can ride again and stop decorating it!

All in all is about 8 hours of work but that is doing them twice basically.

Back