Guess where I just found a Yuasa

Dehning

Registered
So I have basically given up on buying Yuasa because I don't feel like I get any more for my money than I do from the Everstart AGM batteries at WalMart. So today I picked up a battery at Walmart to replace the one in my VFR800, I unpacked it and was somewhat shocked to find...

yuasa1.jpg

...I'm happy I think ???

Well dang, who knew? The Wally World here didnt have em so i just bought one from Batteries Plus.

thats cool. if you dont mind me asking what did that run at the wally world, i just shelled out $112 for a yuasa, but that was cheaper than the 180 quote the stealer gave me

I was just wondering why you decided to go with a "liquid" electrolyte battery versus a "gel" type.?
I also notice that Johnson Controls is the distributor of the battery. Interesting.....

Hmmm, I was doing some reading on AGM batteries. I guess I didn't realize that some of them came with the electrolyte in a separate container. I guess once you add it, the glass mat soaks it up and from then on, you can't pour it out or spill it. Learn something every day.!! :thumbsup:
Anyway, looks like you got a sweet battery. I wish I had known Wally-Mart had them, I would have gotten mine THERE..!!

I think the moment I realized that the WalMart batteries are use AGM technology was when I decided that they would do just fine for me.

With regards to the price, quoted off the receipt:
BATT ES12BS $50
TX BATT FEE $3
CORE CHARGE -$9

Yeah, I was just up at Wally-Mart and they had lots of that part number (ES12-BS), at 55 bucks apiece.
Looked to be the identical package, so I would assume they are Yuasa inside..!!
Wish I had known, I would have got mine there, that's a good price.!!

Last edited:
I think the moment I realized that the WalMart batteries are use AGM technology was when I decided that they would do just fine for me.

With regards to the price, quoted off the receipt:
BATT ES12BS $50
TX BATT FEE $3
CORE CHARGE -$9

Take your old battery back and you get your $9 back? ???

That's a good price! Just before the Spring Bash, I bought a battery for Michelle and I paid $65 at Batteries Plus for it...and it was on sale.

I'll have to check my local Wally World to see if they have 'em.

Back