Guess what I will be doing soon!

Vetteman761

Registered
815AB6EB-DC44-454B-9B16-B4AA247C0E9A.jpeg

E6228193-535A-4530-9C64-5043EB6F2A0E.jpeg

Just when I thought i was wrapping my bike up look down and see this grrrr

Don't feel bad your not the only one. At least you can have peace of mind for a few years when done. Me saving for seals, bushings & a driver.
Right there is that, its like i could have bought a gen 2 with all money ive put out, bought the low mileage motor, chain , sprockets, fuel injectors, coils, brakes, whew owell least I know the ins and outs of my bike now lol

Thats a fairly simple job, as long as you have a way to suspend the front in the air to take forks off. Don’t wait to fix that or you’ll be looking at replacing brake components if it gets on your pads and such.

These work good on dirt bikes, as dirt can get stuck between the fork leg and seal, and cause a leak.
That usually isn't the case on streetbikes, but it's cheap enough to try, and can buy a little time.
But, they're only really good if you notice a damp fork early on, once you see a drip, you've likely already lost enough oil to effect the forks' performance.

Thats a fairly simple job, as long as you have a way to suspend the front in the air to take forks off. Don’t wait to fix that or you’ll be looking at replacing brake components if it gets on your pads and such.
Yea my zx11 has a center stand which made it nice, bit saw a video on just using rear stand and also a floor jack under motor( with some precisely placed wood between motor and jack

These work good on dirt bikes, as dirt can get stuck between the fork leg and seal, and cause a leak.
That usually isn't the case on streetbikes, but it's cheap enough to try, and can buy a little time.
But, they're only really good if you notice a damp fork early on, once you see a drip, you've likely already lost enough oil to effect the forks' performance.
O yea forgot about those , yea this thing being 15 years old and most likely never changed just gonna go ahead and get it done I guess, eventually ill be riding and have all this work behind me from the winter and spring

Just went through all that with mine. $380 but with ohlins. Thing I hate about seals is they could leak when brand new!
Ugh , yea saw a tip on getting new ones past the edge of fork tube using a cut off piece of milk jug, helps protect new one from getting messed up, 380 dang!

Had it out yesterday before I seen the Leakage, notice the wet spot on sidewalk by front tire, thing is leaking like a sieveView attachment 1597924
Yeah that is BAD! I would not ride it until fixed. I know that is not what you want to hear now that it's nice out but I have not seen a leak like that one; if it is on the rim it is also getting on the front tire. That combo usually ends "I don't know what happened" after a rider crashes. Yes milk jug strip cut out a plastic bag even heard of a condom being used. Search suspension or fork service on here there is all you need to know also Youtube to get will help. Again that is a major leak mine has been leaking & I only know because of how low fork seal show they are traveling & harsh wheelie landings. I am not riding until parts are ordered, here & job is done.

Back