• 181-185

• 186-190

• 191-195

• 196+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Go Go

Registered
Hello peeps!

Wanted to get an idea of how much power I would be looking at getting out of my engine build(to the rear wheel). Below I will provide all the mods and settings to the best of my abilities. I don't have the degree on the cams nor the thickness of the head gasket. So those two details will be the variables. If I didn't mention anything, most likely wasn't upgraded.

- So we have an '01 Busa Engine
- Stock Gen 2 crank
- Port and Polished head (work done by RC's Performance)
- Heavy Duty valve springs
- 378/395 Web Cams
- 13.5:1 Compression
- PC5
- AutoTune
- Running on 93 octane
- K&N air filter
- Airbox Mod
- HMF full exhaust(heatwrapped)
- 10"-12" stretch with a 190 Michelin Pilot Power 2CT rear tire
- -1 Front Sprocket/+2 Rear Sprocket

I think that is all. Like I said I don't have the cam degree or the thickness of the head gasket but it should be running around 13.5:1 compression. The bike should be out soon so we can see who got the closest to the actual number...

Pic of the bike for attention.

12541134_1215801338433972_3510278524336928045_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I agree..... And unless your HMF if the Big Bird version those pipes don't make much power either

You know, the bike came with the hmf exhaust and at first I didn't like it. But they have grown on me. I think they're sexy how the sit so high... maybe in the future I'll upgrade to a brocks but right now I can't find the excuse to spend over a grand for 2-3 horsepower, if that. Specially knowing mine works just fine. I went ahead and gave it a face lift.

PhotoGrid_1461334862463.jpg

You know, the bike came with the hmf exhaust and at first I didn't like it. But they have grown on me. I think they're sexy how the sit so high... maybe in the future I'll upgrade to a brocks but right now I can't find the excuse to spend over a grand for 2-3 horsepower, if that. Specially knowing mine works just fine. I went ahead and gave it a face lift.
I received had a tiwinder installed with a tune at boosted cycle performance and picked up 7 rwhp!!!

7 horsepower from stock I believe it. I highly doubt I will get 7 horsepower over my current exhaust system. And even if it did, 7 horsepower for $1200-$1400 is a bit excessive for me. Besides everyone has a sidewinder and every single one of my buddies that have it have a hard time leaning to the right. I'd rather get nos system, 40 shot at the most and call it a day.

Last edited:
7 horsepower from stock I believe it. I highly doubt I will get 7 horsepower over my current exhaust system. And even if it did, 7 horsepower for $1200-$1400 is a bit excessive for me. Besides everyone has one and every single one of my buddies that have it gave a hard time leaning to the right. I'd rather get nos system, 40 shot at the most and call it a day.
Well I can understand the money aspect, but that 7hp was picked up after removing a full yosha exhaust. Your also right about the turning right to. But all we do is run the strip.

Well I can understand the money aspect, but that 7hp was picked up after removing a full yosha exhaust. Your also right about the turning right to. But all we do is run the strip.
Yeah, I like to do a little bit of everything(sometimes commute to work and back, canyon runs, twisties, etc. ) so I"m not a big fan of the sidewinder. Ill keep this exhaust until it falls off or until I decide to make this my designated track bike(which I don't see it happening unless I get something else to play around on the streets).

the stretch won't help your #s. I voted
Yeah, I'm aware. I think I would like to switch back to stock wheel base from time to time so i can enjoy me some twisties and canyon runs and slap the swingarm back on for the strip and roll racing...

Back