Gt2860rs??

GSX1300R-T

Members For Members
Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone used the GT2860RS (Disco Potato) for a low boost/ 6lbs setup? IF so,........which turbine housing did you use? 0.64 or 0.84 turbine A/R? And when did this turbo start making boost?? PLEASE,....only reply with FACTS. Opinions can be sent to my PM box. Thanks, Guys!!

Joe I think that is the standard turbo Velocity uses in there stage 1 kits...A buddy of mine has one on his busa and I rode it. Starts making boost about the same rpms as mine. Mine is a 2871 but is a dual bb turbo so that allows it to spool fast...Yours should spool a little faster with stock compression.

when does it spool at wot? if you pin it at say, 2500 rpms, when do you get full boost?

my velocity stage one came with a t28 I dont know if its the same as what your asking but mine starting making boost at 2300-2400 . I cant remember for sure but I wanna say full boost was at 8000 or 8500.

my velocity stage one came with a t28 I dont know if its the same as what your asking but mine starting making boost at 2300-2400 . I cant remember for sure but I wanna say full boost was at 8000 or 8500.
You should be at full boost by 5500 rpms. And yes you have this turbo.

Mine was a 28r not rs but it will be similar,reached full boost ~5000-5500 beginning to make boost ~3200-3500 ...ar64 ex

VR stage one(t28) with 9.9:1 cr starts making boost at 2200rpm and is at full boost(10#) by 5200rpm, not sure but I think that it spools pretty fast.
Tuned by Johnny Cheese on pump gas:thumbsup:

304.JPG

i want... except i want 8:1 pistons running 18 psi. on a 16g would be perfect. i miss boost.

Has anyone used the GT2860RS (Disco Potato) for a low boost/ 6lbs setup? IF so,........which turbine housing did you use? 0.64 or 0.84 turbine A/R? And when did this turbo start making boost?? PLEASE,....only reply with FACTS. Opinions can be sent to my PM box. Thanks, Guys!!
Hey Joe long time no hear, that turbo on a stock comprestion motor and a 6lb wastegate will start building boost 2200-2400 it really depends on how the motor gets loaded, also weather you run a dump or full exaust will make a bit of a differance as to just when starts it builds boost, also it will make a small differance as to how rich or lean the map is when boost starts, when you get to that point get with me and I have several maps you can try until you get your data logger up to speed:thumbsup:

Back