Gsxr750 vs busa

Don't let anybody fool you.  The Busa is fine in the twisties.  Just ask the fellow on the R1:

2127thumbnail_ML_6944.JPG

The difference isn't as much as most people think it is, and can only really be recognized on the racetrack.  Most riders can't ride either bike even close to its' potential.
Nice lean Bro!!  i rode the track with mine and my knee didnt even get close to the ground.  Guess I was too worried about wrecking my $10K+ baby.
Thankee sir.  And another, just to show that the Busa can lean in both directions:

2127thumbnail_ML_7735.JPG

Ok, one more.  If you can ride this thing, there ain't much that will walk away from you.

tiwaz-02.jpg
Don't want to burst your bubble but just because your busa is leaned over dragging the plastic, doesn't mean it's fast. Any decent 600 will spank a busa like a little school girl  
tounge.gif
Yea, well guess what, 99 out of every 100 people on that 600 can't ride it well enough to spank a really good rider on a Vespa.  Much less do it "like a schoolgirl."  And, in the straights, at any speed, the 750s and 600s get left behind BAD by the Busa and all the literbikes.  That's the truth.  I see it at the track all the time.  

Bust my bubble?  Not likely.  Especially not over the internet.  Come to the track to do that.  

Ride what you like, and learn to ride it well.  The dude asked which is best for him.  I'm giving him some input, like others in here, and he can make his own choice.
+1 I hear ya.....do your smack talkin' on the track!

Don't let anybody fool you.  The Busa is fine in the twisties.  Just ask the fellow on the R1:

The difference isn't as much as most people think it is, and can only really be recognized on the racetrack.  Most riders can't ride either bike even close to its' potential.
Nice lean Bro!!  i rode the track with mine and my knee didnt even get close to the ground.  Guess I was too worried about wrecking my $10K+ baby.
Thankee sir.  And another, just to show that the Busa can lean in both directions:

Ok, one more.  If you can ride this thing, there ain't much that will walk away from you.

tiwaz-02.jpg
BTW, you're awesome on that thing....wish I could handle my busa like that.....can't quite lean like that....still have chicken strips on my back tire...
smile.gif

Don't let anybody fool you. The Busa is fine in the twisties. Just ask the fellow on the R1:

The difference isn't as much as most people think it is, and can only really be recognized on the racetrack. Most riders can't ride either bike even close to its' potential.
Nice lean Bro!! i rode the track with mine and my knee didnt even get close to the ground. Guess I was too worried about wrecking my $10K+ baby.
Thankee sir. And another, just to show that the Busa can lean in both directions:

Ok, one more. If you can ride this thing, there ain't much that will walk away from you.

tiwaz-02.jpg
Don't want to burst your bubble but just because your busa is leaned over dragging the plastic, doesn't mean it's fast. Any decent 600 will spank a busa like a little school girl
tounge.gif
Damn dude!!!! I am impressed no matter what anyone else has to say. Handling a Busa on a track like that takes skill. If you are at the spring bash, I would love to get some pointers from you. I really get freaked out about hangin off my bike like that. By the way, I also have the fastest color. 05 Limited.
05 Limited? Very fast indeed. Hehe. You're coming to the Spring Bash this weekend in Vegas? If so, I'll be at the scsportbikes.com First Annual Poker run if you wanna get together. The info is here. I'd love to hang out with the Busa folks and talk about riding, especially another original Ohio fellow! If anyone here is interested, I've been riding for almost 30 years but, I learned to ride sportbikes here. Watch Freddie Spencer get on a VFR800, a sport tourer that has all the weight of a Busa and half the horsepower, and absolutely embarrass the best in the class AND any pro riders that show up (can you say Jason DiSalvo), whom are on track tuned and prepped 600s and 1000s, and the point will be made that, it's mostly the rider, and only somewhat the bike. BTW, if you can afford it, it's worth every penny. Just trying to help. See you at the Busa Bash.

PS-I get so tired of internet smacktalk about how a 600 will whoop a Busa. On the very tightest tracks, when ridden by a pro level rider, yea. On the street with equal riders, even in the twisties, NO WAY. Even the tightest streets and twisties are fairly open compared to the track, giving the advantage to the Busa. In fact, even on the track, the only time I've been passed by a 600 was when it was ridden by a PRO rider during a 600cc magazine shootout. And even then, it wasn't by much, and NEVER on the straights. This is against my STOCK Busa. Everything else is internet trash talk.

<!--EDIT|EtrnlSoldier
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145635995 -->

Don't let anybody fool you. The Busa is fine in the twisties. Just ask the fellow on the R1:

The difference isn't as much as most people think it is, and can only really be recognized on the racetrack. Most riders can't ride either bike even close to its' potential.
Nice lean Bro!! i rode the track with mine and my knee didnt even get close to the ground. Guess I was too worried about wrecking my $10K+ baby.
Thankee sir. And another, just to show that the Busa can lean in both directions:

Ok, one more. If you can ride this thing, there ain't much that will walk away from you.

tiwaz-02.jpg
BTW, you're awesome on that thing....wish I could handle my busa like that.....can't quite lean like that....still have chicken strips on my back tire...
smile.gif
Thanks much bro. It's really not all that tough. I see you're in Vegas. We should ride. Sunday. The scsportbikes.com Poker Run. See you there?

<!--EDIT|EtrnlSoldier
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145604105 -->

Nice lean, I have been fantasizing about getting a 06 1K or setting up the Busa for some turns. I sat on a 06 gsxr 600 and fantasized. Now when I ride the street I try to really get in a good lean + speed to get the sensation. And this just got me more curious.

Nice lean, I have been fantasizing about getting a 06 1K or setting up the Busa for some turns. I sat on a 06 gsxr 600 and fantasized. Now when I ride the street I try to really get in a good lean + speed to get the sensation. And this just got me more curious.
Cool, and thanks. I'm setting the Busa up for more serious turns and the track as well (raised an inch in the rear, HMF highmounts to get the exhaust up and out of the way, rearsets to get my toes up higher, PCIII, small box mod, BMC filter, custom map, Galfer pads and steel braided lines, all this coming week), but I am also possibly looking to pick up a 1K for dedicated track use. I'm gonna finish setting up the Busa for the track first, and see how I like it. I'm rarely getting passed as it is at the moment. With a few mods, I may not need a 1K. It eats them now as it is. I'll let ya' know.

Last thing is, believe me when I tell you that, if you are used to the acceleration and throttle response of your Busa, a 600cc bike will SORELY disappoint you. Go for the 1K instead.

<!--EDIT|EtrnlSoldier
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145606025 -->

tiwaz-02.jpg
smile.gif
Thanks much bro.  It's really not all that tough.  I see you're in Vegas.  We should ride.  Sunday.  The scsportbikes.com Poker Run.  See you there?
Yes, I look forward to it.....I should be easy to spot.....I'll look something like this....
smile.gif

SaxoBusa.jpg

smile.gif

oh yeah no doubt, it would be the 1K without a doubt. I failed to mention I was fantasizing about the 600cc being a 1K at the same time lol. Please let me know how much different those mods make it. Are you keeping stock wheel base? the Idea I had in my head was make it same length as a litre bike

Sorry, I wasn't referring to the Vegas trip. Was talking about Deals Gap. Doesn't sound like you will be there
sad.gif
I will make it out that way after the gap though. Bringing my bike with me to San Diego.

EtrnlSoldier: Bust my bubble? Not likely. Especially not over the internet. Come to the track to do that.

I'll be happy to take a little of that
biggrin.gif
Yes-sir-ee! Would you be willing to annie up a little side bet and bring your busa to the track? After all, a man that can drag his knee on a busa couldn't possibly be spanked by a scrawny little 600
smile.gif

aaaand back to the topic as originally posted before the smack-talk started.
smile.gif

I went from a K3 750 to an 06 Busa and I swear, every time I get on it it shows me something new that I wasn't totally expecting. It's a monster compared to the 750, but it's entirely managable throughout. It's more comfortable. It's as easy on gas (excepting in town... wow it likes the gas in town...) And the torque just doesn't even compare to the 750.

I like long rides and the 750 just wasn't doing it for me. 300+ miles and I was ready to be put in traction for a day or two. The busa just had a 200 mile day and excepting a little buzz-numbness in the throttle wrist (throttle-rocker otw) and a bit of cramping in the ankles (new rearsets otw) I didn't feel a damn thing after the ride. I think I could see myself doing some 500+ mile days without getting too terribly sore the next day on the busa... 500+ would have killed me on the 750.
laugh.gif

welcome aboard...its about time, for you to get on the busa, you are going up the step like lot of us do...if youre good at 750? get on with it...
rock.gif

I've brought my Busa to the track several times. bottom line is i'm getting ready to buy a new GSXR750 for a track bike. the busa scares me there. BUT i can bet that the 750 will almost never see the road. love my Busa on the street.

EtrnlSoldier: Bust my bubble? Not likely. Especially not over the internet. Come to the track to do that.

I'll be happy to take a little of that
biggrin.gif
Yes-sir-ee! Would you be willing to annie up a little side bet and bring your busa to the track? After all, a man that can drag his knee on a busa couldn't possibly be spanked by a scrawny little 600
smile.gif
Sure thing. Come on down.

Back