Gsxr750 vs busa

Jloco

Registered
Hi guys. First post and new to the site.

I recently rode a friend's busa and love the seating position vs my k4 gsxr 750. I wanted to know what differences I can expect, other than power between the two.

It seems that although its heavier, the busa still moves in the twisties quite well. I like the riding position much better, obviously better for longer rides...

Your input is appreciated

J

Look like a step in the right direction.
Now that you love the Busa, Buy one.

I just moved up from an 01 Gixxer 750. I immediately noticed the power and the comfort difference. The Busa is bigger but the only time I really feel it is when I'm trying to park. During a ride she doesn't feel heavy and can still get a good lean on.

The ride is much smoother....more luxurious. A major difference for me is this....when I was doing 130 on the 750 it felt like 130. When I hit 130 on the Busa I'm like "this can't be right....this feels like 90".

I defintely say make the jump.
smile.gif

Don't expect the busa to handle the tight stuff like the gsxr's, not going to happen. You can spend alot of time and $, get it close, but a good rider on a properly set up gsxr 750 is still going to clean your clock in the tight stuff. Simply put, the weight and length of the busa, she just won't go side to side quick enough. I ride with them every weekend, they drive me nuts....now, for ANY OTHER venue, the busa is king. Kind of like skiing, the gsxr's have the slalom, busa takes everything else....do what I'm going to do...get both!

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145545526 -->

This will probably be too much info, but I think that you asked an excellent question.

First, Big-T and moondog are dead on balls accurate.

First, since you already own a GSX-R 7 I probably don’t need to say much about it. Personally, I think that GSX-R 7 is the best balanced bike in the GSX-R line. The 1000 is great, but the 750 is the most impressive as an all around track bike. I have ridden a lot of GSX-R’s, CBR’s and Ninjas and the GSX-R 7 is still my favorite track bike.

Now, on to differences: The biggest things you will notice are stability and torque. The Hayabusa will be as stable at 160 as it is at 110, it is almost surreal. Most of that is due to the center of gravity and extra weight. To me, I like the Busa better in twisties but I am 6’3â€￾ and about 250lbs. Throwing a large bike from side to side is no problem for me. A good friend of mine here has an 05 Busa and is about 8 inches shorter and 100 pounds lighter so it is not as easy for him. But, the Busa was never designed to be a track bike. It was build to be a muscle bike that can beat just about anything on 4 or 2 wheels.

I like taking my Busa on short day trips. It is big enough and comfortable enough to ride 2 up and even at freeway speeds it is not uncommon for me to get 50+ mpg. The Busa is very solid and if you respect her, she will remind you that you are on one of the most powerful production sport bikes on the planet. But, if you are not attentive, she will punish you. I am sure you know that already though since you have a GSX-R 7.

I say, get the Busa. I just bought my second one and they are awesome.

Don't let anybody fool you. The Busa is fine in the twisties. Just ask the fellow on the R1:

2127thumbnail_ML_6944.JPG

The difference isn't as much as most people think it is, and can only really be recognized on the racetrack. Most riders can't ride either bike even close to its' potential.

Don't let anybody fool you.  The Busa is fine in the twisties.  Just ask the fellow on the R1:

The difference isn't as much as most people think it is, and can only really be recognized on the racetrack.  Most riders can't ride either bike even close to its' potential.
Nice lean Bro!! i rode the track with mine and my knee didnt even get close to the ground. Guess I was too worried about wrecking my $10K+ baby.

If you like to toss a bike around, keep the 750. If you want comfort, torque, speed, distance, as well as a great time canyon carving, get the Busa.

Where at in Ut? Either way you'll need the Muzzy fan and perhaps a second fan in the summer heat.

All depends on your skill level and what you want from a bike. Your 750 will spank a busa at everything other than speed. If you want a fun cruiser, the busa is as good as it gets. May be the best all around bike on the market today? Big, heavy, torque, HP, Speed, fun to drag your knee with, just can't be beat if you are looking for an every day bike. However, if you want to be competitive on the track, stick with your 750. If you want to go someplace in the middle, you may want to have a look at the GSXR1K? I have both and I ride my 1K much more than I do my busa. The busa is nice, fast and comfy but if it's the fun factor you are looking for, by all means take a look at the 1K! Contrary to what some believe, the 1K pulls just as hard as the busa and does some things the busa just can't do.

But it's all about what you want in a bike? You are the one who must make that decision. You really can't go wrong with a busa but the 1K may suit your needs better as well?

Don't let anybody fool you. The Busa is fine in the twisties. Just ask the fellow on the R1:

The difference isn't as much as most people think it is, and can only really be recognized on the racetrack. Most riders can't ride either bike even close to its' potential.
Nice lean Bro!! i rode the track with mine and my knee didnt even get close to the ground. Guess I was too worried about wrecking my $10K+ baby.
Thankee sir. And another, just to show that the Busa can lean in both directions:

2127thumbnail_ML_7735.JPG

Ok, one more. If you can ride this thing, there ain't much that will walk away from you.

tiwaz-02.jpg

Don't let anybody fool you.  The Busa is fine in the twisties.  Just ask the fellow on the R1:

The difference isn't as much as most people think it is, and can only really be recognized on the racetrack.  Most riders can't ride either bike even close to its' potential.
Nice lean Bro!!  i rode the track with mine and my knee didnt even get close to the ground.  Guess I was too worried about wrecking my $10K+ baby.
Thankee sir.  And another, just to show that the Busa can lean in both directions:

Ok, one more.  If you can ride this thing, there ain't much that will walk away from you.

tiwaz-02.jpg
Don't want to burst your bubble but just because your busa is leaned over dragging the plastic, doesn't mean it's fast. Any decent 600 will spank a busa like a little school girl
tounge.gif

Thankee sir. And another, just to show that the Busa can lean in both directions:

Ok, one more. If you can ride this thing, there ain't much that will walk away from you.

tiwaz-02.jpg
Don't want to burst your bubble but just because your busa is leaned over dragging the plastic, doesn't mean it's fast. Any decent 600 will spank a busa like a little school girl
tounge.gif
Yea, well guess what, 99 out of every 100 people on that 600 can't ride it well enough to spank a really good rider on a Vespa. Much less do it "like a schoolgirl." And, in the straights, at any speed, the 750s and 600s get left behind BAD by the Busa and all the literbikes. That's the truth. I see it at the track all the time.

Bust my bubble? Not likely. Especially not over the internet. Come to the track to do that.

Ride what you like, and learn to ride it well. The dude asked which is best for him. I'm giving him some input, like others in here, and he can make his own choice.

<!--EDIT|EtrnlSoldier
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145588229 -->

Nice lean Bro!!  i rode the track with mine and my knee didnt even get close to the ground.  Guess I was too worried about wrecking my $10K+ baby.
Thankee sir.  And another, just to show that the Busa can lean in both directions:

Ok, one more.  If you can ride this thing, there ain't much that will walk away from you.

tiwaz-02.jpg
tounge.gif
Damn dude!!!! I am impressed no matter what anyone else has to say. Handling a Busa on a track like that takes skill. If you are at the spring bash, I would love to get some pointers from you. I really get freaked out about hangin off my bike like that. By the way, I also have the fastest color. 05 Limited.

Back