GSXR750 bars

rob702

Registered
Fitted a pair of GSXR750 bars saved over 3 pound in weight and the bars are 25mm higher

Last edited by a moderator:
This is VERY interesting. They look "narrower" than the stock bars though, definitely narrower than the helibar option. I'm interested in more info as well..

Any clearance issues with the gauges/windscreen?

DSC024091536x1152.jpg

Fitted a pair of GSXR750 bars saved over 3 pound in weight and the bars are 25mm higher

Did you notch the lower clamp in order for the clip on set up to work?

The bars I used were off a 1992 gsxr750WN they are the same width as the stock bars and there are no clearance issues. My bike is lowered 20mm, the bars just bolt straight on, you need a minimum of 30mm of fork leg showing though the top tree for the bars to fit fully on, as for bar ends the tubes are just hollow so I used aftermarket ones I filled the holes in the tree with countersunk washers and bolts. The bars had a small bracket on the side which I cut off before I polished them.

DSC024061536x1152.jpg

DSC024111536x1152.jpg

T2eC16dHJGE9nm3rIrZBRGDteoTVw60_12.jpg

The bars I used were off a 1992 gsxr750WN they are the same width as the stock bars and there are no clearance issues. My bike is lowered 20mm, the bars just bolt straight on, you need a minimum of 30mm of fork leg showing though the top tree for the bars to fit fully on, as for bar ends the tubes are just hollow so I used aftermarket ones I filled the holes in the tree with countersunk washers and bolts. The bars had a small bracket on the side which I cut off before I polished them.

DSC024111536x1152.jpg

So you had to lower it 20mm to install them, right? So in essence they are only 5mm taller than stock, right?

No the bars are 25mm higher then stock, dropping the bike 20mm does not change the height of the bars in relation to the seat height as the stock bars are fitted to the tree not the fork legs

Back