Gsxr1100r value?

Getn off

Registered
Anyone have any insite on what a 1991 gsxr1100r is worth? Cannot find any for sale either. Neighbor has one that he has built (and raced)....engine internals, carbs, swingarm, lots of chrome. This thing is a fast drag bike and also a show bike. He has had it for many years and is a great mechanic. He built a beautiful turbo busa years ago. I dont recall all of the specifics off hand. I can ask him once I get some kind of idea what these things are worth. Would like to offer something reasonable, but have no idea. He has mentioned a few times that he would like to get rid of it as well as a couple other bikes he has. I dont want to appear anxious.
Just curious what an ave condition stock bike would be worth. Or more importantly, what would u pay?
This thing is one sexy beast. Would love to add it to the stable, but obviously do not need it.
Any ideas??
Nada says 2-3.5. 5k for a super modded one too much ya think? Or am I way off base?
Thx,
Troy

The value of accessories is a difficult point Seller wants his money back. But unless you value them as highly they are worth maybe 25% of new. Less at a dealer. I always want to know what the seller wants. Just in case I catch a break :)

The value of accessories is a difficult point Seller wants his money back. But unless you value them as highly they are worth maybe 25% of new. Less at a dealer. I always want to know what the seller wants. Just in case I catch a break :)

Very true, and he does def know that. I will keep yall posted too. Hell, I May just ask him point blank and decide then.
Troy

The more pertinent question is, what is it worth to you? You can't add up the sum of parts and labor to get a figure, that doesn't take into consideration other influencing factors.

Absolutely true. To answer that, my number is 5k. I did talk to him last week. He mentioned he hates to see it sit, but couldnt replace it for the 3500-4500 that he would get. Not sure how serious he really is of making more room in his garage. I may just tell him to give me first dibs if he lets her go.
Troy

Absolutely true. To answer that, my number is 5k. I did talk to him last week. He mentioned he hates to see it sit, but couldnt replace it for the 3500-4500 that he would get. Not sure how serious he really is of making more room in his garage. I may just tell him to give me first dibs if he lets her go.
Troy
Think 5k is fair if he is actually ready to sell. Ask him straight out as men we don't always communicate very well. He may be waiting on you keeps dropping hints.

Anyone have any insite on what a 1991 gsxr1100r is worth? Cannot find any for sale either. Neighbor has one that he has built (and raced)....engine internals, carbs, swingarm, lots of chrome. This thing is a fast drag bike and also a show bike. He has had it for many years and is a great mechanic. He built a beautiful turbo busa years ago. I dont recall all of the specifics off hand. I can ask him once I get some kind of idea what these things are worth. Would like to offer something reasonable, but have no idea. He has mentioned a few times that he would like to get rid of it as well as a couple other bikes he has. I dont want to appear anxious.
Just curious what an ave condition stock bike would be worth. Or more importantly, what would u pay?
This thing is one sexy beast. Would love to add it to the stable, but obviously do not need it.
Any ideas??
Nada says 2-3.5. 5k for a super modded one too much ya think? Or am I way off base?
Thx,
Troy
may wanna find out what it ran 1/4 mile.. if its flyin... then u know hes got bucks into the motor...……..

may wanna find out what it ran 1/4 mile.. if its flyin... then u know hes got bucks into the motor...……..

He did tell me a few years ago, but I dont recall. It was quick tho. He does nothing half assed btw. One of his last bikes was a well built turbo gen1.
Troy

Back