GSXR1000 oem mirrors - not the quality I expected

ottafish

Registered
Taking the lead from c10, I ordered a set of oem GSXR1000 mirrors from the dealer.

Picked them up today and I must say, not impressed.
I thought the mirror would have been glass, but it's plastic
I thought the arms would be able to fold in easy, spring loaded or similar - but nope. (lock bolt pivot)

They're 98% identical to a cheap pair I bought which I threw out for the exact same reason..
Only good thing about them is they have the gaskets pre fitted to the mount.

Taking the lead from c10, I ordered a set of oem GSXR1000 mirrors from the dealer.

I thought the arms would be able to fold in easy, spring loaded or similar - but nope. (lock bolt pivot)

They're 98% identical to a cheap pair I bought which I threw out for the exact same reason..
Just return them LOL

I did the same and although they don't fold, they are clear at all speeds, lighter and look better IMO. I got mine from a bike wrecker so paid little for them.

Mirrors are a hard thing to get right, I went through a lot of mirrors with my Bandit and ended up painting the stocker ones black.

I'll give them a go. After all I read, it seems to be the popular choice - gsxr1000 mirrors.

It was more the plastic lens that got me..
But if they work, then I'm ok with it

My OEM Busa mirrors are no problem at all for me... I can see all I need to behind me, yes my arms take up about 20% of the mirror but for me it’s still ok, I guess
I always thought the stock mirrors worked great , I only replaced mine for maximum weight saving ....
I don't reckon those cheap type GSXR mirror even suit the Busa shape all that well , but good luck with them .
yeah, I’ll be sticking with my stock mirrors, they work great, they are stable and clear view, I do get a bit of my arm in them but naff-all.. that shocked me to hear the genuine gsxr mirrors are not even glass :confused:

I'll give them a run and see what I think, both look wise and looking with them.
It'll be a few weeks before I get a chance.

But, I'm with you Kiwi, I was surprised that they were acrylic and not glass @ $175 for the pair

I always thought the stock mirrors worked great , I only replaced mine for maximum weight saving ....
I don't reckon those cheap type GSXR mirror even suit the Busa shape all that well , but good luck with them .

I like mine also but I had to get 1” Delrin spacers so my elbows wouldn’t be in the way. I have a 36-37” sleeve.

I like the look of them as it gives the bike a little more of a modern look getting rid of that rubber molding around the base which was very much old fashioned.

The stock mirrors worked great also, I find the GSXR mirrors to work equally as well...I didn't even notice they were acrylic but then again, I'm careful cleaning them anyway.

And I use the same mirrors (OEM GSXR 1000 K2). One was a little harsh at first, I said this to my engineer and fixed the problem (I didn't ask what exactly he did)
Νow they are closing fine, and I am very pleased. I also think they are more beautiful than the original busa mirrors

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

Back