Gsxr Tail Conversion

chrispeck666

Registered
Hi all, thought I might share some pics of my Busa complete with freshly installed GSX-R1000 tail.
It's amazing how long it takes to finish something like this, as I'm sure you all know its always the
little details that hold things up.

Big thanks to Gregg from Greggs Customs who had to endure getting his parts to my friend in Florida
'Cos I was to cheap to pay shipping and taxes to the UK.

I know these conversions are a bit love/hate but I'm really pleased with how it all turned out. The reduction in weight makes a huge difference to how the bike handles.

Next on the list is a set of carbon front fairing in-fills. I'm not sure if this might be a bit over kill with the carbon rear end, what do you guys think?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah Im glad you were able to get the mod done but I'm not a fan of the gsxr tails on gen 2's. Seen a couple done on gen 1's that looked ok but that's the main reason why I sold all my parts for the conversion. I was going to do it then seen how it looked in person and quickly posted the parts for sale on forums :laugh: the all carbon fiber tail fairing are a nice touch

Reactions: Ham
The seating position is pretty much the same. The main difference is the shape of the seat, which from the hour ride I've just had seems to be an improvement. Although I may change my mind after a day in the saddle!

I like the way the new seat curves as it seems to spread your weight well. I do appreciate it is a matter of opinion though.

Yeah Im glad you were able to get the mod done but I'm not a fan of the gsxr tails on gen 2's. Seen a couple done on gen 1's that looked ok but that's the main reason why I sold all my parts for the conversion. I was going to do it then seen how it looked in person and quickly posted the parts for sale on forums :laugh: the all carbon fiber tail fairing are a nice touch

I hear what you are saying, as I said before they are an acquired taste. I'm a fan but my wife said she hates it as it she thinks it looks "unbalanced" aesthetically.

Above all else my plan was to take the "bus" out of the hayabusa which I think I have succeeded in doing. Loosing around 35kgs from the bike has made the bike handle far better. The tyres "Pirelli Diablo rosso corsa" have helped here also.

I hear what you are saying, as I said before they are an acquired taste. I'm a fan but my wife said she hates it as it she thinks it looks "unbalanced" aesthetically.
I agree with her totally. Makes the back of the bike look atrophied...kinda like a paraplegic bodybuilder. Each to their own though, and beautiful work on the conversion mate.

Where in Suffolk BTW? I was raised in Felixstowe and my entire family are there and Bury St. Edmunds. I still miss Adnams Ale soooo much! Oh, and Greene King IPA of course.

I lived in Bury st Edmunds until I was 30. I then moved to stowmarket and have been here for the last 7 years. My whole family are from bury on both sides. You might miss the Beer but I can tell you there's not much else to miss!

looks like a wine glass...:laugh: just kidding...im really not a fan eather but i must say that looks great to some of the other ones iv seen...

U asked if adding more carbon fiber would be overkill. I would say no. Its one of those mods that once you start,you may aswell do eveything. I'm not a fan of mixing and matching. If a fella likes chrome,go for it,chrome everything. But I dont care for carbon wheels on a chrome swing arm...that sort of thing. Pick a theme..dive in.

Rubb.

I like it. This is something I would like to do one day just to change it up for a few months but, keep my original tail in storage.

I lived in Bury st Edmunds until I was 30. I then moved to stowmarket and have been here for the last 7 years. My whole family are from bury on both sides. You might miss the Beer but I can tell you there's not much else to miss!
Yeah, I know. Went back to visit my mum for the last time earlier this year (she died 2 weeks later). Now she's gone, apart from my brothers and real ale, oh and those massive license plates of course, there's nothing I miss about Ol' Blighty any more.

Hi all, thought I might share some pics of my Busa complete with freshly installed GSX-R1000 tail.
It's amazing how long it takes to finish something like this, as I'm sure you all know its always the
little details that hold things up.

Big thanks to Gregg from Greggs Customs who had to endure getting his parts to my friend in Florida
'Cos I was to cheap to pay shipping and taxes to the UK.

I know these conversions are a bit love/hate but I'm really pleased with how it all turned out. The reduction in weight makes a huge difference to how the bike handles.

Next on the list is a set of carbon front fairing in-fills. I'm not sure if this might be a bit over kill with the carbon rear end, what do you guys think?

Where did you get your tail from, and hows the fitment?

I assume the 35kg wasn't all from the tail? Do you know how much weight difference there is between the OEM tail and the conversion? What other mods did you do to drop the weight? Thanks!

I assume the 35kg wasn't all from the tail? Do you know how much weight difference there is between the OEM tail and the conversion? What other mods did you do to drop the weight? Thanks!

Lithium battery, exhaust, aftermarket wheels or R1, gsxr wheels, lightweight swingarm chromoly, pair valve mod.

Yea i'm not a fan of the conversion either.

I haven't weighed mine since it had its GSXR tail,
Sure feels lighter compared to a stock Busa or B-King.

Not having factory cans, stock rear end or full fairing and its framework, double top yokes and steel bar ends etc etc must have dropped it a fair bit ?

image.jpg

Back