gsxr 750 03 tail on hayabusa

yesterday i went for a ride 300 miles long ride and the average speed was 135 mph - 150 mph with 315 km/h or 196.8 mph top speed :D , the problem is fuel consuption and black smoke and detonations in city driving only .. what can couse this ? extra urban - 18.4 mpg , in the city the fuel consumption is even worse 7.88 mpg it's scary any ideas on how to fix this and way does it happen ? an first i think low compresion was the cause but the top speed is ok 196 and still climbing but it was insanely windy and i backed out , so compresion is not the cause please help , before this problem i had 26 mpg in city driving i instaled a power commander 2 and a small airbox mod and the bike started to have a lot of problems i took the air box and replaced it with a new one and i took off the power commander but it still drived crappy with very torque at low rpm and a sudden boost at 3000-3500 and it did burnout almost when i leave the stading still position . sorry for my english but i don't know how to explain in mechanical details what is happening

Last edited:
definately love the gixxer tail. wish I could help with the problem but all I can do is wish you good luck in resolving it. :(

i resolved all my mechanical problems .. and now works like a dream new pics

DSC02820.jpg

DSC02830.jpg

DSC02834.jpg

that looks awesome. good job. in regards to your tech question, there is a section for that. try posting it up in there. you will probably get better results :thumbsup:

Glad you got your mech. issues straightened out.
Might want to get a speed healer b/c i doubt you were anywhere near 196. Your not getting that less you got BIG power adders.
Your detonation and black smoke issues sound like a slightly messed AFR.Send it to dealer mode and check the TPS.
:thumbsup:

20 bikes ..... 3 of them 1000rr repsol and a 08 r1 went 280 km/h my brother on 900rr passed them indicating 300 km/h and i passed him with 315 km/h on a romanian freeway ... i think i was was doing speed but not far from 197 mph :thumbsup:

Back