Gsxr 250 r sp

woodlandtechie

Registered
I'll start with an apology as it's not really a Busa related post but I'd like to appeal to the knowledgeable board members for some help if I may...

My Son has a GSXR 250 R SP, Jap import, 21 years old, 8000 miles, and in generally good condition for it's age. We bought the bike, I rode it home, it didn't run particularly well as it's had been standing for over a year and my diagnosis was that the fuelling was not right at all.

So get it back, strip it down, check everything and rebuild....so fas so good until I came the the carbs. I stripped these and found blocked jets, water, missing o-rings, chewed fixings etc...obviously been at the hands of a blind monkey with a wrench...

So, new parts ordered, (float assembly) fitted, re-fitted to the bike, won't start :banghead:

Checked, plugs, coils, leads, caps. spark & compression...all good...no start...:banghead:

After a few hours of rechecking and reassembling I decided to try and bump start the bike...after 10 mins or so it finally started...here where the problems start...the fueling is not right...hunting, surging, cutting out and sounds like it has a mis-fire...

Does anyone have any experience with this particular bike as I really need so guidance and to the carb set up and what I need to do to fix this. I do have a manual buts it's in Japanese, so beyond the poor quality pictures, it's useless as a reference.

Thanks in advance of any help received...yours hopefully frustrated father of impatient son!

I would.think it would have to be the carbs. Are the main jets clear? Floats moving freely? Clean fuel filter and clear line? Is the petcock clogged? Is it flooding like its getting too much fuel? Or is it starving and not getting enough?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back