gsxr 1k tail swap

Draggin accord I really like the way you did that swap! I have to do something with the stock 1k seat. You are one hell of a fabricator! Mad props to you!

do you have a template for youre brackets that you would careto share with a fellow rider???????
I will have pics posted by the weekend. My aluminum will be here today, I will get the brackets cut at work tonight and all in all I only have about 500 in all the parts.

hey, i have poured over those pictures....and i was wondering if the side rails are the only thing needed to get that lower look? if so, would you be interested in making me a pair? socaljak@yahoo.com

If anyone does a swap on their Gen II for the Gixxer 1000 tail and wants to get rid of their old tail section :please: let me know....

I will have pics posted by the weekend. My aluminum will be here today, I will get the brackets cut at work tonight and all in all I only have about 500 in all the parts.
Hey whats up are you selling the gsxr 1000 conversation for the hayabusa? Please let me know il looking to buy a kit.

Thanks all! I used a piece of 6061 aluminum 1/2 inch thick to make the side rails. I mocked the whole thing up with plywood to get the look I wanted. Modified a stock gsxr seat with the hayabusa seat brackets and elevator bolts. The body work is all carbon fiber pieces I got off of eBay. Just a word of advice don't buy any of that twill tech parts. They are garbage and doesn't fit anywhere close. I got them to fit after hours with a dremel. Best tool ever invented. Other pieces I got from China and the quality is superb. Go figure. Wiring was a royal pain, it was like shoving 2 pounds of sh!t in a 2 pound box. It all fit eventually. I wrapped the aluminum pieces in a 3d carbon fiber look vinyl that looks like parts on a newer gsxr. Just have to move the fluid resevior for the rear brake. So if any one wants to do the conversion without dropping the $900 for the gregs kit I would be more then happy to help!

Hi paps, can you please send some more detailed information anout your project. I can't get the special parts here in Germay, but when I will get a drawing or more detailed pictures I can machine the parts her.

I have some brackets that will convert the busa tail to the gsxr 1000 was made by a forum member. Just he a baby so won't be ridin or doing anything for a while.

Just brackets for sale. You still have to buy all the 1000 parts

$250 plus shipping firm

IMG_8199.JPG

IMG_8200.JPG

Back