gsxr 1k tail swap

usmcab35

Registered
hey so ive wanted to do the swap for a while, i just cant pony up the 800+ for the kit, just wondering if anyone has done the swap with making their own brackets, etc. Im not a newb about the shop, so making parts shouldnt be to hard.

Ive seen it done, but with the kit you get machined brackets that fit right and a nice corbin seat. The guy I know that did it said he wishes he would've known about the kit before he made his own.

I'm in the process of making my own brackets to do the swap. I don't have wallet for that kit and I'm not a fan of how high the tail is in the air. I'm going to get my brackets machined at a local shop once I come up with a template. It's turning into a bigger project then expected, but don't they all! I will post pics once its done.

I will have pics posted by the weekend. My aluminum will be here today, I will get the brackets cut at work tonight and all in all I only have about 500 in all the parts.

:banghead: won't let me upload pics from my phone. I got it done and it looks amazing! And I'm in it for around $500! Not bad for a garage build and a little know how. I will get pics up ASAP!

:banghead: won't let me upload pics from my phone. I got it done and it looks amazing! And I'm in it for around $500! Not bad for a garage build and a little know how. I will get pics up ASAP!

if you want you can send them to me and i can upload them

finally finished, my 4 month old son took up most of my time because i dont want to miss a second with him and my hunny do list got completed then i had time to wrench!:beerchug:

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0291.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

looks amazing but downside this mod only looks this good with no exhaust and extended.... and i dont want to do either... THIS SUCKS!!!! I WANT IT LOL

Thanks all! I used a piece of 6061 aluminum 1/2 inch thick to make the side rails. I mocked the whole thing up with plywood to get the look I wanted. Modified a stock gsxr seat with the hayabusa seat brackets and elevator bolts. The body work is all carbon fiber pieces I got off of eBay. Just a word of advice don't buy any of that twill tech parts. They are garbage and doesn't fit anywhere close. I got them to fit after hours with a dremel. Best tool ever invented. Other pieces I got from China and the quality is superb. Go figure. Wiring was a royal pain, it was like shoving 2 pounds of sh!t in a 2 pound box. It all fit eventually. I wrapped the aluminum pieces in a 3d carbon fiber look vinyl that looks like parts on a newer gsxr. Just have to move the fluid resevior for the rear brake. So if any one wants to do the conversion without dropping the $900 for the gregs kit I would be more then happy to help!

Thanks all! I used a piece of 6061 aluminum 1/2 inch thick to make the side rails. I mocked the whole thing up with plywood to get the look I wanted. Modified a stock gsxr seat with the hayabusa seat brackets and elevator bolts. The body work is all carbon fiber pieces I got off of eBay. Just a word of advice don't buy any of that twill tech parts. They are garbage and doesn't fit anywhere close. I got them to fit after hours with a dremel. Best tool ever invented. Other pieces I got from China and the quality is superb. Go figure. Wiring was a royal pain, it was like shoving 2 pounds of sh!t in a 2 pound box. It all fit eventually. I wrapped the aluminum pieces in a 3d carbon fiber look vinyl that looks like parts on a newer gsxr. Just have to move the fluid resevior for the rear brake. So if any one wants to do the conversion without dropping the $900 for the gregs kit I would be more then happy to help!

Have you thought of something like this for your reservoir?

Hayabusa billet aluminum rear brake reservior | eBay

Back