GSX 1100 or Ninja 1000

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys I have found 2 older bikes an 86 1000 ninja, or an 1994 GSX 1100 both are in great shape.. which one would be best for just cruising and a little kick in the pants once in a while? My Busa will still be down for a few months and I am die'in to ride.. I can get either one of these bikes at the right price.... Both are mint shape and garage kept( living rm kept ninja) Thanks PR
argue.gif
beerchug.gif

I don't know much about the 86 Ninja, but the GSX 1100 was known as one of the best built engines out there. Stupid strong, practically bulletproof, it was the platform for the GSX bikes and later for the Bandit as well.

Great engine, just hates the cold, so expect it.

I had a 94 gixxer 1100. That is the first year zook went to water cooling. I have been on a gixxer since 1986 you can't go wrong buying that legend.

Don

Is it a GSXR1100 or a GSX1100F? Big difference! Either way same basic (bomb proof) motor. Stick with the Big "S" son!
beerchug.gif

suzuki_S.jpg

Go with the Suzuki. I had a Ninja 1000 I was trying to rebuild and was having a difficult time with parts and had to get rid of it. Seems like there is a bunch more stuff out there for Suzuki.

I have sitting in my garage an 88 zx-10 with a seized engine. All of those bikes had an oil problem making the succeptible to seizing up. Get the Suzuki.

I'll continue to beat the dead horse and cast my vote for the zook. I had one back in the day and MAN that was one great bike. As everyone has said, you CAN'T kill the motors on thoise things, and they run like raped apes.

I still see a lot of custom 1100's, and they're still SICK ASS BIKES !!!!!!!!
That's what got me into bikes.

In 94, was there anything close to an 1100 ?

(PocketRocket @ Jul. 22 2007,20:03) Hey Guys I have found 2 older bikes an 86 1000 ninja,  or an 1994 GSX 1100  both are in great shape.. which one would be best for just  cruising and a little kick in the pants once in a while?   My Busa will still be down for a few months and  I am die'in to ride.. I can get either one of these bikes at the right price....  Both are mint shape and garage kept( living rm kept ninja)   Thanks  PR          
argue.gif

beerchug.gif
I had an 86 Ninja 1000...great sportbike, more comfy and sit up than current sportbikes, excellent wind protection, smooth, handled awesome and was faster than hell. But it was seriously lacking in low end grunt (kinda like the ZX-14) and had to be wound up more to get the speed. The GSX-1100 is a little more of a standard, has WAYY more grunt, might not be quite as quick up top, has a shaft drive for lower maintainence and is newer so prolly slightly better resale value. So whadda you want, a standard or a sportbike? Thats the real decision
wink.gif

Back