GRRRRRRR Harley

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
3 Busas, I don't know how many miles and combined they NEVER gave me 1 fraction of the issues this damn Ultra is giving me.

I think an engine that rattles the teeth in your head is going to shake things lose?

Especially when you do a 96 to 103 conversion with 570 cams and p/p heads. On the upside, it runs very well for an Ultra.. ended up at 110whp and 116wtq. I do put blue Loctite on every single bolt or screw that I have to take out or tighten.

Whats the problem Don?

RSD.

The clutch slips in 4th, 5th and 6th. I have the HD upgraded diaphragm spring and the Barnett extra plate and extra steel carbon fiber package. I think I may have mis-adjusted it after I put the new clutch in it. I'm being told that once you slip one of those clutches at all, it's ruined. So tomorrow I am going to order a Barrnett Scorpion clutch package and stop this once and for all.

Should do the trick. Dont know if you remem but I had some big power plant harleys (127 cu in/2080cc) was one of them. My clutch was bullit proof. Good luck bro.

RSD.

Thanks RSD... I appreciate it. I ride the thing like its a Busa or as close as you can, (had to replace the floor boards on both sides in the 15 months I've I had it). I'll eventually get the little bugs worked out. Planning on my second Gen 2 Busa in the next couple of months so I'll be back on a High HP bike again. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the pictures on the wall 2 houses over rattled when I flashed it up "The Orange Crush" .:laugh:

RSD.

OC.jpg

Sorry 2 hear about your troubles. I'm new 2 the Harley world as well and from what I've seen so far these bikes are loaded with gremlins stock! :laugh: My buddy has a 13 Dyna and it has given him fits left & right!! Everytime I ask why this or that happened his only response is "It's a Harley" :rofl: The minute you start digging in2 the motor or wiring up accessories you might as well pack a lunch cause your gonna be @ it for a while :hide:

I've been lucky so far with my Nightrod but most Hardcore Davidson enthusiasts don't consider them true Harleys... so maybe that's why I've been relatively gremlin free?? :whistle: I also ride my harley like my busa or at least attempt to! It's kinda fun leaning that big ole 240 rear tire in a turn but my pegs keep getting in the damn way. I've gotta get a new set of pegs as well. I'm working on a custom air ride suspension 4 it to give me a little more ground clearance in the turns :beerchug:

I need to fix my sig, as I sold mine, but it never missed a beat. A full 5000 mile service doing everything in the book took me no longer than 40 minutes. An oil change on the GenII is more work than that.

Sorry 2 hear about your troubles. I'm new 2 the Harley world as well and from what I've seen so far these bikes are loaded with gremlins stock! :laugh: My buddy has a 13 Dyna and it has given him fits left & right!! Everytime I ask why this or that happened his only response is "It's a Harley" :rofl: The minute you start digging in2 the motor or wiring up accessories you might as well pack a lunch cause your gonna be @ it for a while :hide:

I've been lucky so far with my Nightrod but most Hardcore Davidson enthusiasts don't consider them true Harleys... so maybe that's why I've been relatively gremlin free?? :whistle: I also ride my harley like my busa or at least attempt to! It's kinda fun leaning that big ole 240 rear tire in a turn but my pegs keep getting in the damn way. I've gotta get a new set of pegs as well. I'm working on a custom air ride suspension 4 it to give me a little more ground clearance in the turns :beerchug:

You better be knocking on wood! :please:

The clutch slips in 4th, 5th and 6th. I have the HD upgraded diaphragm spring and the Barnett extra plate and extra steel carbon fiber package. I think I may have mis-adjusted it after I put the new clutch in it. I'm being told that once you slip one of those clutches at all, it's ruined. So tomorrow I am going to order a Barrnett Scorpion clutch package and stop this once and for all.

Or the Baker King Kong Clutch.

on my 4th Harley and each and every one had ZERO problems (95 Heritage Classic, '00 Electra Glide Sport, 02 Road King Standard and current 02 Road King Classic). Not one drop of oil for a combined 100K + miles.

Hope you get your ULTRA sorted out, Don.

on my 4th Harley and each and every one had ZERO problems (95 Heritage Classic, '00 Electra Glide Sport, 02 Road King Standard and current 02 Road King Classic). Not one drop of oil for a combined 100K + miles.

Hope you get your ULTRA sorted out, Don.

Thanks Kromdom. If I had left it alone and not modded the engine, it would have less issues, but as Busa owners we know we can't leave things alone... lol.

Back