Growing up in the 70's

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Man these were the days...

70.jpg

70.jpg

hey, we did that in the 80's to ya know!!!!!!!!!!!:sneaky::tongue3: except I was doing it on this which I got when I was 13. oh yea.......:laugh: 1986 Hutch Pro Star. one of the happiest days of my life. brought me as much joy as my Turbo Busa does today.....:guns:

prostar1_lg.jpg

I remember it all to well. I would not hesitate to go back right now, the times I think were easier, the music, cars and actually friends playing all day, outside, no texting and no e-mails. I miss those days dearly and would not trade it for all these cool toys and technology kids have today. My 14 year old boy got a ticket two years ago for not wearing his helmet leaving the school on his bike, $46 bucks... Are you friggen kidding me.... He and five of his buddies were detained by a local cop around the same time for playing manhunt around the neighborhood, I guess hiding behind a car to not be found by your friend is illegal, The cop called all the parents to pick up the boys and read the parents the riot act! Told this D--k a few things grabbed my son and took off to his disbelieve. What a crappy era for kids to grow up in. Bring back the 70's. Thanks for the flashback Captain!
Sorry for the rant......

Hell i did that yesterday :whistle: :rofl:

I had a "Rambo" big wheel back in the late 80's early 90s, man that was good times. I remember the neighbor kid moving in when we were around 12 (Mom was a jagermeister girl, if only i still kept in contact with him :banghead:) had this huge bike ramp, and i was that kid that you didnt dare say "you dont have the balls" to. Needless to say spent a summer with a broken leg after trying to jump the mailbox off his ramp :laugh: and many more summers in cast as a response to "you dont have the balls"

i miss the days of no cell phones and no texting, no email, and if you want to hang with your friends, you'd just go outside. play "war" with squirt guns in the alley. fun times.

Man do I miss it!

I grew up in Ohio in the 70's and would go outside in the morning to play and wouldn't come home until lunch time and then go back out sometimes until dinner or when the street lights came on (as we got older).

i miss the days of no cell phones and no texting, no email, and if you want to hang with your friends, you'd just go outside. play "war" with squirt guns in the alley. fun times.
Man if we could only turn back time :laugh:

When a pocket knife and a stick were your toys, and the local creek was your swimming hole....

the 70's were a great time to grow up! babysitters all wore mini-skirts and no bras and were more than happy to let me sit in their laps :laugh: life sure didn't seem as complicated back then!

hey, we did that in the 80's to ya know!!!!!!!!!!!:sneaky::tongue3: except I was doing it on this which I got when I was 13. oh yea.......:laugh: 1986 Hutch Pro Star. one of the happiest days of my life. brought me as much joy as my Turbo Busa does today.....:guns:

LOL! Had one also! Beartrap pedals were a ***** on the shins when you came off the pedals OUUCHH!!! Where the laid back seat post or the skyway mags.. Those were the days!!

the 70's were a great time to grow up! babysitters all wore mini-skirts and no bras and were more than happy to let me sit in their laps :laugh: life sure didn't seem as complicated back then!

One reason I will never forget my baby sitter Julie Floyd.

Who had one of these, I was hot stuff baby!

:thumbsup: Loved my green machines. My mom also liked them because they didn't have the hand brake on the back wheels like some of the others, which if you were like us always ended up with that thump,thump,thump from wearing flat spot holes in the good ole plastic wheels from spinning it out going down the hills. Great times thinking back.:thumbsup:

Back