Group Rides

It would be nice for a list of planned rides / activities that are being done. Times etc. If there is a list, I'm sorry I didn't see it. It would be easier for me at least because I won't be staying at the Phillips. If its a PITA to do up a list. I will just go to the rides that I know of.

Just get with your group and figure out what time the group leaves the Phillips and be there when they leave.

We have to ride a loop called diamondback. Hwy 80 looks fun.

I know we talked about how far out that is but I think we should try it. Maybe not the first day but mid week. Leave at 8am. Grab a snack or somethng around Cherokee. Each lunch in/around Asheville, do the 30mi loop and head home. Probably take us until 6-7 pm but a new loop would be cool.

If your talking about the Diamondback near little Switzerland Don't go. Confirmed Reports that the State put down those "rubber snakes" to fill the cracks and ruined the road for bikes.

By the way, this is Bridal Veil Falls from today, thought I would share! Rode up today with a couple of local guys, 1 Yamaha & 2 Harley riders, had a great ride.

Bridal Veil Falls.jpg

Bridal Veil Falls 2.jpg

How about I slide a chalk board in the trailer and we can write down all the planned rides and times of departure and if someone is looking for a ride they can write down names and #'s and we'll half-way have a plan.......all of which is subject to change of course.

How about I slide a chalk board in the trailer and we can write down all the planned rides and times of departure and if someone is looking for a ride they can write down names and #'s and we'll half-way have a plan.......all of which is subject to change of course.

Now this sounds like a good plan :cheerleader:

If your talking about the Diamondback near little Switzerland Don't go. Confirmed Reports that the State put down those "rubber snakes" to fill the cracks and ruined the road for bikes.

Since you're somewhat local, how about you confirm/disprove that rumor.:please:

Yea it's confirmed. The road is actually Hwy 226 that runs out of Little Switzerland. Seems like there was a post here somewhere or on Facebook but I cant remember. I spoke with some guys that had rode it and they said it sucked, made the road real slick. They said you had to just cruise through or you would get a "wash out". If I find out any more before The Bash I'll post it up.

I think it was Pack mule that posted how bad the road was now. We got a ton of good roads to ride around here and a lot closer than Little Switzerland.

I think Saturday will be a great day to map out a ride to Hendersonville Bike Show with anyone that wants to go. I'll have the wife on back most of the time, so any couples that want to tag along on our rides.

FYI - Hwy 441 between Cherokee, NC and Gatlinburg, TN is impassable due to a large landslide. It is not expected to be open again until after the Bash.

I know its to late but it sounds like I could have blamed that whole guardrail thing on rubber snakes.

Is 441 the road through Smokey Mountain Park? If so I dont see it being a bad thing that its closed.

I know its to late but it sounds like I could have blamed that whole guardrail thing on rubber snakes.

now that I think of it, I think there was a bunch of those critters around that area.

Back