Group Purchase(GP):ShiftKit from Factory Pro.

OB_speed

Registered
I am going to call Factory Pro and see what kinda of discount we can get and what number we would have to order to get a decent discount.

Please post a reply if you are interested so that I can get a initial count of individuals that would be interested in doing a group purchase for the shift kit.

Speed I definitely want to upgrade to an airshifter or other powershift situation. But I need info to make a decision whether this one's the right one.

If you've been researching shift kits, could you post some URLs of the alternatives, then I could make up my mind whether to commit to Factory Pro?

Anyway, put me down for high interest pending a little research.

Dirty Pete, the shift kit has been installed in my bike for at least 1500 miles at this point I can say that it is a worthwhile improvement.

But the instalation has it's quirks:

The motor must be rotated up in the frame so that the shift shaft cover will clear the frame(the cover and one of the bolts are restricted by the frame). Best to involve a helper too verify you are not crushing anything(cam chain tensioner and wires). You need to order a water pump o-ring as the pump is removed - every thing is in the Service Manual. But the work shown in the manual shows the engine out of the frame.

To tilt the engine you have to: have the dealer install it or buy the special castle nut socket to remove one of the motor mount bolts. These special sockets are expensive $80 for the swingarm socket.

The installation of this original piece was performed by a Suzuki Dealer Service manager. This way a realistic time could be estimated for typical installation. 4 hours was the estimated time for future installations. 4.5 was the actual install time on this original install, but that acounted for the time which it took to figure a way to install with the frame obstruction.

So you are either paying for a dealer installation or you are buying special tools.

The kit works great and is worth the extra expenses.

Dirty Pete we need a Hayabusa.org Co-op to rent special tools.

Tools of course are secured with your CHASE Hayabusa.org Visa/Mastercard, while gaining you those valuable Busa points.

This info is from the nicer :)KawAbuser,
thank you!

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 07 October 1999).]

KawAbuser: I read about your tribulations with that mod and as worthwhile as it may be it strikes me as having to move a mountain to plant a daffodil.

I'm interested in a kit that'll let me shift by pushing a button on the bar (compressed air/electronic), that can be disabled so I can return to manual street method easily.

Am I just looking for Santa?

PS: It's tough being nice, isn't it? What if it turns us into Citizens? Personally, I still go out at night and strangle a cat or two to stay in shape.

Dirty Pete don't bum out just yet, don't worry someone will complain about *Politeness Man* sure enough.

Simple ship your bike to France and go for the Sidehack Busa conversion, this way you can sit back in the hack and let a stripper drive(by letting her shift, you would have an "airhead shifter") a sure eyecatcher at the "strip".

So is that why you leave the house with a stack of ones to buy some cat food.

Courtesy of the nicer :)KawAbuser

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 07 October 1999).]

I am not here to do your research, with all due respect. I want to get the shift kit from factory pro... If anyone is interested in order with me in attemps to get a FACTORY PRO shift kit.. not an air shifter but the internal shift kit.. please let me know by posting your interest.

I am interested in the shift kit to help with the positive shifting from 5th to 6th.

I heard it is easier and more positive to shift?

I am currently working with dealer on this problem with false neutrals between 5th & 6th and hopefully this will help in the prevention of false neutrals?

Anyone have any experience?
contact me about the kit please and cost.
dccs@flash.net
Bird of Prey

[This message has been edited by Birdofprey (edited 07 October 1999).]

Speed how much is this kit going to run you think? May be interested ..will install this winter when I take engine out. Keep me informed..Thanks!

I believe that the single unit price is around 89 dollars. That is without our volume discount if , he will even come down on a multi order.

DISCLAIMER: This GP is set up by Speed for Speed and is in no way affiliated with Hayabusa.org. Hayabusa.org is only the media in which "I" (speed) choose to communicate with the interested parties.

*** but honestly it doesnt look good. We only have 3 interested & 1 maybe. This GP may not work but there will be others I hope :)

Back