Ground Zero!!!

WOW! Let me just said a few words here. I am from New York, I was there that day, I lost 23 friends that day (All FDNY Firefighters!). I smelled the smoke and witness the towers fall as I knew my loved ones was in those buildings and there was nothing I could do. I witness the smoke; ash and dust fill the city. One of my best friends is alive today because as he ran from the build he crawled under a fire truck which saved his life.

Should we be building on Ground Zero? Hell No
Should we let them build anywhere’s need ground zero: Hell No

If we let them, what are we saying? That it is ok to come to my country blow us up and build a place and laugh in our faces.

I wake up each morning and I live with it, I go to bed each night and I still have nightmares about that day. I can’t even watch a movie about that day without walking away and crying, I can’t talk about what I saw without breaking down.

Most American’s have moved forward, and each day as they wake, they don’t think about it, they don’t talk about it and that’s ok because they were not there to feel what we felt, to see what we saw.

Let’s remember that People were murdered on 9/11 because the terrorists believed in the power of Islam and anybody who is an American knows what caused those people to attack is and that was their RELIGION.

I am sorry but they have NO RIGHT TO BUILD ANYTHING NEAR OR AROUND GROUND ZERO!!!!!!!!!!

I can say a lot more but I won’t.

I would just like to pass along a big middle finger to anyone who is comfortable and accepting of an Islamic community center and/or mosque or whatever you want to call it to have any presence around that area. Sorry if this offends some but I'm offended by the idea that this whole thing is even in consideration. :moon:

The least sinister scenario is that WE LET 9/11 HAPPEN. Apparently, we just don't care enough. Plenty of advance warnings & indications that others knew it was coming Osama's still unaccounted for. 9/11 was very effective at inflaming American passions against Iraq, then Iran, then Pakistan, now Afganistan .... hell the whole Middle East, except our beloved Israel, because the rest of them are just Islam lovers or sympathizers and therefore enemies anyway, right?

We need to take a careful look at ourselves before we begin blaming, resenting, and hating all members/believers/followers of a religion for the actions of a few. Otherwise, we do to Muslims what was done to the Jews, Christians, and other "untrustworthy & subversive" social classes of men women and children.

True - building a Mosque near the site seems insensitive ... like commemorating Custer on an indian reservation, or like making flying the Confederate flag illegal despite the hundreds of thousands of dead Confederate veterans who died fighting for the flag.

The people we allow to call themselves our leaders owe us more, or should be removed. They owe preserving the sanctity of those slaughtered in NYC. They owe accountability and responsibility to we the survivors and to the generations to follow. Why does it appear they do not feel this duty?

Challenger Investigation Got $175 Million. Columbia $152 Million. Lewinsky $30 Million. 9/11 $15 Million. Financial Crisis Gets Only $8 Million

The government spent $175 million investigating the Challenger space shuttle disaster.
It spent $152 million on the the Columbia disaster investigation.

It spent $30 million investigating the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

The government only authorized $15 million for the 9/11 Commission.

And how much has the government authorized for the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission? You know, the commission charged with getting to the bottom of what caused the financial crisis?

Just $8 million.

These figures don't account for inflation. For example, the Challenger investigation cost over $300 million in today's dollars.

You can tell alot about the questions which the government is truly interested in finding answers to by the amount of money it authorizes for the various investigations.

WHY IS OUR GOVERNMENT NOT PROTECTING ITS CITIZENS ... who's serving who here. The servant is becoming the master and we now the fodder and fools.

The least sinister scenario is that WE LET 9/11 HAPPEN. Apparently, we just don't care enough. Plenty of advance warnings & indications that others knew it was coming Osama's still unaccounted for. 9/11 was very effective at inflaming American passions against Iraq, then Iran, then Pakistan, now Afganistan .... hell the whole Middle East, except our beloved Israel, because the rest of them are just Islam lovers or sympathizers and therefore enemies anyway, right?

We need to take a careful look at ourselves before we begin blaming, resenting, and hating all members/believers/followers of a religion for the actions of a few. Otherwise, we do to Muslims what was done to the Jews, Christians, and other "untrustworthy & subversive" social classes of men women and children.

True - building a Mosque near the site seems insensitive ... like commemorating Custer on an indian reservation, or like making flying the Confederate flag illegal despite the hundreds of thousands of dead Confederate veterans who died fighting for the flag.

The people we allow to call themselves our leaders owe us more, or should be removed. They owe preserving the sanctity of those slaughtered in NYC. They owe accountability and responsibility to we the survivors and to the generations to follow. Why does it appear they do not feel this duty?

Challenger Investigation Got $175 Million. Columbia $152 Million. Lewinsky $30 Million. 9/11 $15 Million. Financial Crisis Gets Only $8 Million

The government spent $175 million investigating the Challenger space shuttle disaster.
It spent $152 million on the the Columbia disaster investigation.

It spent $30 million investigating the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

The government only authorized $15 million for the 9/11 Commission.

And how much has the government authorized for the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission? You know, the commission charged with getting to the bottom of what caused the financial crisis?

Just $8 million.

These figures don't account for inflation. For example, the Challenger investigation cost over $300 million in today's dollars.

You can tell alot about the questions which the government is truly interested in finding answers to by the amount of money it authorizes for the various investigations.

WHY IS OUR GOVERNMENT NOT PROTECTING ITS CITIZENS ... who's serving who here. The servant is becoming the master and we now the fodder and fools.

Well put.

someone posted this on facebook i found it funny!!

Mosque near ground zero, I say let them build it. But across the street, we should put a topless bar, called "You Mecca Me Hot". Next to that, a gay bar called "The Turban Cowboy" and next to that, a pork-rib restaurant called "Iraq o' Ribs" ? And a check cashing center called ..."Iran out of money". Let's see who's really tolerant! :laugh:

someone posted this on facebook i found it funny!!

Mosque near ground zero, I say let them build it. But across the street, we should put a topless bar, called "You Mecca Me Hot". Next to that, a gay bar called "The Turban Cowboy" and next to that, a pork-rib restaurant called "Iraq o' Ribs" ? And a check cashing center called ..."Iran out of money". Let's see who's really tolerant! :laugh:

Nice find Chris, thats great!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not sure how sensitive Muslims might be to placing a temple on what we consider a sacred site. But fair is fair, They can build there when we can build a nice Christian Cathedral in the middle of Tehran or Bagdad. Wonder who will start complaining then. In fact I bet they would go as far as wanting a holy War for such an idea... Problem is our government is just to politically correct (Stupid) to say NO!

Back