Grip choice problem

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
crazy.gif

I've read the other grip threads and here's the dillema...
newbie.gif

I'm looking for a grip that is gel and a little subtle (no chrome etc.). I "believe" the stock grip is 125mm, so I want one that long cause I don't like the look were the grip is short. I kinda like the harris "Busa" grip, but it's a 120mm...anyone got this installed and want to post a pic on the throttle side to prove my short theory wrong it would be greatly apprcieated.

I've been looking at the progrip and the choices are many at the 120mm size (not so many at the 125mm) but the variations are a little confusing, open end closed end etc...(not to mention tube diameter size
tounge.gif
)

Which gel progrips work for the busa and any other recommendatons would be super.

BTW-I'm getting a set heli bars so this is where the new grips will reside.

Here's part of my confusing thing...from HPC website

Says:
"Pro-Grip 725 Superbike-
5th. Generation RVGS! Bi-compound competition gel Ergonomic design molds to your hand 120MM long great for 600CC Bikes will not fit ZX-14 and Hayabusa both require 125 mm....grips"

then when I click on the 725 link...they are 125mm grips
wt...plus those have solid ends, how do the bar ends work
rock.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be curious to know what are the largest diameter/radius/circumfrence grips that can be put on the Busa.  

I have very long fingers and large palms (wear XXXL gloves) and thought larger circumfrence grips would be more comfortable, BUT would a larger circumfrence mean that throttle response would be a little more touchy?

Spiders look like they are 120mm, how do they fit lengthwise?

(Over_Easy @ Aug. 05 2007,09:25) I'd be curious to know what are the largest diameter/radius/circumfrence grips that can be put on the Busa.  

I have very long fingers and large palms (wear XXXL gloves) and thought larger circumfrence grips would be more comfortable, BUT would a larger circumfrence mean that throttle response would be a little more touchy?
I put ISOs on mine.

Personally, I can't tell a difference in the throttle response. I like em a lot.

Back