Greatest Pranks and Practical jokes

Mikey D

Registered
The "Reflector Removal" and "True Story" threads reminded me of some of the good ones passed down through history.  What have you done to amaze your friends with you hilarious practical joke antics?  (Nothing sick of injury causing like loosening the axle nut on the Busa please.)

On a daily basis, while I'm sitting at my desk staring at my computer, someone will come up behind me and say "hello" or "excuse me..." and I will lurch VIOLENTLY in my chair, sliding papers across my cube, like they just scared the bejeebers out of me. EVERYTIME, it scares the crap out of them and some of them even jump back and start apologizing.
The speed and voilent reaction really makes it work. It's best to use impacting sound effects at the exact moment of launch like, "GAAH!!!" or quick inhale and "huh!" sound.

Well not actually a practical joke....but I seem to have the natural ability to sneek up on people...I dont even try....they can see me coming towards them from across the room!!!

But when I get there and say something " gahh "

One woman I know does it every time.....I even started stamping my feet from around 15 ft away...lol....now she jumps higher

On a daily basis, while I'm sitting at my desk staring at my computer, someone will come up behind me and say "hello" or "excuse me..." and I will lurch VIOLENTLY in my chair, sliding papers across my cube, like they just scared the bejeebers out of me.   EVERYTIME, it scares the crap out of them and some of them even jump back and start apologizing.
The speed and voilent reaction really makes it work.  It's best to use impacting sound effects at the exact moment of launch like, "GAAH!!!"  or quick inhale and "huh!" sound.
:rofl: :bounce:

Well not actually a practical joke....but I seem to have the natural ability to sneek up on people...I dont even try....they can see me coming towards them from across the room!!!

But when I get there and say something   " gahh "

One woman I know does it every time.....I even started stamping my feet from around 15 ft away...lol....now she jumps higher
Dude...thats funny... I usually make no noise at all when I am walking around. My co-workers and my poor wife have had some issues with it.
My last office had several old Spec-Ops guys on the floor. Green Berrets, SEALS, Recon, right? Well I got my ass about kicked by an ex Green Berret. He came out of his office just as I got there walking down the hallway, he caught me out of the corner of his eye, surprised him and before I knew it...I had caught an elbow to the side of my head but I managed to duck out of a follow up right cross... I was rolling I was laughing so hard...he felt real bad but I thought it was funny. From then on I whistle when I approach certain offices...
Paul, the Green Berret told me one day that I had "Apache" feet, he said he noticed after that one day that I walk sort of weird and on the outside edges of my feet sorta... He said "explains all that sneaky poop you were pulling.." :alcoholic:

Holy crap I am rambling again...my bad, thought it was sorta funny.

Best prank well I dunno about best but in college I filled a couple of the shower heads on my floor with Grape Cool Aid and another with a Couple bulion cubes... Had Grape and Beef flavored dudes running around the dorm...

in college we taped up the door frame of some guys on another floor at like 3am and then filled the space between his door and the tape with popcorn.  Lets just say he got a buttery surprise when he woke up.  Also has been done with pop/beer cans.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1066738018 -->

Hmmm, this one was pretty good... This guy in town, Ray, was the type that walks parking lots scavenging for loose change and walking auto accident scenes thinking that anything that flew from or out of the vehicles became free game for him to pick up and take home. He would aggravate the piss outta the cops and firemen at fire scenes trying to find something he could grab.

One year I was working on 4th of July night. I pull in at a convenience store to get a bottle of water and Ray is sitting on the sidewalk. He asks if I've seen Doyce, another local guy. He tells me that he is supposed to go to the fireworks show at Lake Carroll with Doyce and family and that he is waiting on him.

I tell him that I just saw Doyce and that he already left but he wasn't going to Lake Carroll. I tell him that they are having fireworks at Lake Buckhorn this year as well and that Doyce decided to go there instead. He says, "No, the fireworks are in Carrollton.". I said, "Yeah I know they usually go there but they are starting a show at Buckhorn this year so he thought he would go there instead and told me to tell you to meet them at Buckhorn Landing if I saw you."

Next night I'm working again. I see him riding through town. He flags me down and cusses me for everything I'm worth and then some. Calls me every dirty name in the book! I'm laughing uncontrollably with tears rolling. He went to Buckhorn, where there was no fireworks show and missed the one at Carroll! :laugh:

He cussed me every time he saw me for about two months. I was told later by some people who went to Buckhorn that night to camp out that Ray sat at the water's edge on a five gallon bucket until almost midnight waiting for the fireworks. They said Ray asked everyone who walked by if they'd seen Doyce!!!

I've pulled more and better but it's hard to remember them all. Working for small LE agencies with low call volume for the first few years in the job left me with lots of downtime to come up with and pull some crazy shiot. :devil: If I recall more good ones I'll post 'em.

This is my husbands area of expertise...he and a coworker had an ongoing "quest" to out do the other in practical jokes...just a few of the things they did...

Super-glued the phone to the receiver and then had his coworker paged...he was standing nearby when the guy picked up the entire phone and hit himself in the head!

Took a yellow wax marker and painted two HUGE racing stripes down the entire length of a guy's new truck...took the guy 3 days to wax it off (okay, that one might get some of you hurt!)

Fill up a coworkers paperclip container with water...with clips in place, no one can tell that there's water in there...they always pick those things up and shake 'em...surprise! Water-soaked co-worker...

A guy once put my husband's '65 Mustang up on blocks at work, just a couple of inches off the ground...quite a surprise for my husband since 1) no one ever messed with his car, and 2) he needed to drive it home!

This is my favorite...a friend of my husband's got a job with Phillip Morris (cigarette company for those that don't know)...my husband put a bumper sticker on the back of his truck, as low down on the rounded bumper as he could (to avoid the guy seeing it)...it said "I hate smokers"

We never heard from that guy again, so I'm beginning to wonder if he ever made it to his new job! :D

I had the students in the shop for a block class (lasted 2 hours). When I came back after 2nd hour, I found that the kids had rotated everything in the classroom (EVERYTHING! student desks, my desk, wall hangings, everything!) 90 degrees! The front had become the side of the room. This was 3 years ago, it is still that way. I love my kids!

I had the students in the shop for a block class (lasted 2 hours). When I came back after 2nd hour, I found that the kids had rotated everything in the classroom (EVERYTHING! student desks, my desk, wall hangings, everything!) 90 degrees!  The front had become the side of the room.  This was 3 years ago, it is still that way.  I love my kids!
lol....we used to do that same thing.....way back when

I had some of my employees pull one on me once...

First off I'm a Goldsmith..work at a bench with many small tools.....One day I come into work and go to work on a project...try to pick up one of my tools and it wont budge. So knowing me I just tug harder..it comes free with a buch of epoxy on the side....hmm....I look at the rest of the tools on the top of my bench.....yup, their all glued down too. So, I grumble, get them off the bench and get the glue off of them. Thinkin to myself whats next.....MY TORCH.....they shoved wax into the tip...wouldn't light...ok I clean that out...by now I have an audience.....go to light the torch again...no luck....they had put a piece of plastic bag right at one of the fittings.....OK now my tools are free, my torch works and I'm off...I size a ring go to pickle it ( a hot liquid soak to get oxides off of precious metal) and lo and behold the last part of the prank....the ring bounces off the top of the solution.....they had turned it into jello......

BTW....that was the last prank they pulled on me....I got them back :D

Definately want to hear how you got them back.

Used to work in a machine shop and the SOP was to take some grease (the blacker the better!) and put it on the bottom of the handles on a milling machine.  This eventually evolved into greasing the door handles of coworkers cars.  It finally got called to a screaching halt when someone greased the bosses bathroom door knob.

Oh what fun!

Had Grape and Beef flavored dudes running around the dorm...
First off Not even going there. :crazy:

Dorm rooms. Pennies do a great job jamming the doors shut. Once they are locked in their rooms pour baby powder on the floor and the base of the door. Knock and wait for them to get close to the door. At which time you take a SCUBA bottle or other source of high pressure air and blow the powder under the door. POOF instant fog.
The Boss. He had a nice Vette that he was doing some work on so he left it at work. Well some guys went out and tied rubber gloves full of white powder to the tail pipes. The Boss went out and started up his prized car when the gloves blew and the car was covered in smoke. He was so upset he was shakeing. We just went back in his office and closed the door.

Back in the college days, we had this real A-hole for a bay chief or whatever. He was always pissin everyone of, trying to get in peeps business for no reason. He was also a clean freak. If he saw someone make a mess in his hallway, he would pitch a fit until they cleaned it up. One drunken Friday night, he was off somewhere and we decided to fix him. We got some 3/4 plywood, duct tape and large plastic sheets. We laid them sideways in front of the mens shower room, taped down the plastic in front of the wood, plugged the drain, turned all the showers on cold and made a 3 foot pond. Then we went and caught all of the ducks off the campus we could, and let them go in the bathroom. Of course as folks started coming home from the clubs, they went on got bread and such to feed the ducks. He came back from his night of partying and was pissed!

Back in high school, our mascot was a rocket and we had a 15 foot tall rocket standing out front of the school. Some of us seniors covered it with chicken wire and used paper mâché to shape it like an erect schlong. Then, we painted it as close to flesh color as we could. It was AWESOME!

I had the students in the shop for a block class (lasted 2 hours). When I came back after 2nd hour, I found that the kids had rotated everything in the classroom (EVERYTHING! student desks, my desk, wall hangings, everything!) 90 degrees!  The front had become the side of the room.  This was 3 years ago, it is still that way.  I love my kids!
lol....we used to do that same thing.....way back when

I had some of my employees pull one on me once...

First off I'm a Goldsmith..work at a bench with many small tools.....One day I come into work and go to work on a project...try to pick up one of my tools and it wont budge. So knowing me I just tug harder..it comes free with a buch of epoxy on the side....hmm....I look at the rest of the tools on the top of my bench.....yup, their all glued down too. So, I grumble, get them off the bench and get the glue off of them. Thinkin to myself whats next.....MY TORCH.....they shoved wax into the tip...wouldn't light...ok I clean that out...by now I have an audience.....go to light the torch again...no luck....they had put  a piece of plastic bag right at one of the fittings.....OK now my tools are free, my torch works and I'm off...I size a ring go to pickle it ( a hot liquid soak to get oxides off of precious metal) and lo and behold the last part of the prank....the ring bounces off the top of the solution.....they had turned it into jello......

No Way, Goldsmith... I spent Four years studying Metalsmithing and Jewelry under Nilda Getty. I'm working as a graphics guy because it pays the bills, but my dream is to open my own studio someday...I freakin love metal...it's been about 6 years now since I have even touched a hammer, raised a bowl, set a stone, ...Been too long. Pickle is good stuff, I found it especially effective at destrying any new shirt you might be wearing. I have a closet full of shirts with little holes everywhere to prove it. I'll get some photo's together of a few of the pieces I have left...

Wish the tools weren't so pricey, and then of course I have to convince the wife that Oxy/Acetelyne is OK in the garage...

I walk silently also. One Saturday afternoon, my wife and I were out and about. We needed to use the restrooms. Where I worked, everyone had keys to the building. Upon entering the parking lot I noticed a fimilar car in the lot. Jim was allways on the internet, in a chat room, or just doing something he wasn't supposed to. He also drank 2+ pots of coffee every day, and smoked like a fiend. I.E. wall bouncer. My wife and I entered the building. Not being quiet or anything, just walking through letting the doors bang shut behind us. We walk into the cad room, Jim is sitting behing the computer typing away. Doesn't notice anything. I bang on his cube and yell "HEY". Jim (about 23, 6'5" and 165#) spins around in his chair, grasps his chest, starts to drool all over himself, his eyes are as big as silver dollars, minor convulsions, and can't catch his breath. My wife and I are laughing, then in the back of my mind, $hit, he is having a heart attack. He starts to speak/stutter, as the tears are rolling down my cheaks, you, you, you, scared the cr cr crap out of me. After he caught his breath, he was begging me not to tell everyone at work about this.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine got married on Dale Hollow Lake (Ky-Tn) on a house boat, there were 4 of them. One morning, bright and early, I was up walking on the top of the house boat. His future father in law was sitting alone watching the sunrise. It was just over the top of the hill when I got on the top deck. I was walking up behind him thinking "I'm going to scare the crap out of him". Different ways were poring through my head. Then Jim came to mind. I didn't want Berl to have a heart attack the day of the wedding, so I just walked past him. He didn't say a word untill later that day. He just about crapped his pants, thought he was the only one awake, and there was a body standing right next to him.

Other things,

Super glue a quarter to tile or marble floors.

Cat, racoon, opossum, or other animal in the mail box or paper box. Birds work excellent for this.

A realistic stuffed animal attached to the top of a R/C car. Put this in a dark area of the garage, shed, or closet. Then send the wife or kids out to get something.

For those of you in the country, bailing wire a house shut. You tie off on the door nob, and run a tight line all around the house, 3 or 4 times.

Attach one of the "life size" condoms to the tail pipe someones car.

I don't think you can do this any more but... The punching balloons (thick balloon with the rubberband attached) used to be made out of latex, and would stretch unbelieveably large. You place this in the front window of the car with the hose attached to it. It allways worked best with two, one in the back, one in the front, and two hoses. Procede to fill the car up with water to the base of the window on the door. Tie off and let sit. Hoping that the flattened tires don't give it away. At this point the owner is forced to "take a bath". If they are lucky the balloons empty out onto the street only. If not, it takes the inside of the car about 3 summer days to dry out.

Just a few,

Steve

My husband and I were walking down deer trails with our Danes a few years back...we were pretty deep in to a wooded area, near a nice lake...the weather was great...dogs were roaming around...

We stopped for a break, my husband sat on a downed tree and just as I approached the log, I noticed a snake curled up on the log having an afternoon nap. My husband has two HUGE fears: snakes and needles...I am not afraid of either, so I don't freak out when I see them...I casually walked up to my husband and just pointed my finger at the snake sitting just a foot or so from him. He jumped up so fast he nearly fell, and the sheer terror he exhibited was enough to prove that he was truly terrified of snakes.

Once I stopped laughing and he regained composure, we rounded up the dogs and started walking again. We came across another snake on the deer trail...we ran past it and we headed on back in the direction of the car...I had a dog leash in my hand, and after a few minutes of him calming down and no snake sightings, I ever-so-gingerly let the leash brush the back of his leg (he was wearing shorts)...I think he could have jumped 10 feet in the air...he was certain a snake had just attacked him!

He wasn't happy with my antics at all, but I'm sure I pulled the same prank on him at least 4 more times before we saw my car...I was nearly in tears! :tounge: It caught him off guard each and every time...

My husband and I were walking down deer trails with our Danes a few years back...we were pretty deep in to a wooded area, near a nice lake...the weather was great...dogs were roaming around...

We stopped for a break, my husband sat on a downed tree and just as I approached the log, I noticed a snake curled up on the log having an afternoon nap.  My husband has two HUGE fears:  snakes and needles...I am not afraid of either, so I don't freak out when I see them...I casually walked up to my husband and just pointed my finger at the snake sitting just a foot or so from him.  He jumped up so fast he nearly fell, and the sheer terror he exhibited was enough to prove that he was truly terrified of snakes.

Once I stopped laughing and he regained composure, we rounded up the dogs and started walking again.  We came across another snake on the deer trail...we ran past it and we headed on back in the direction of the car...I had a dog leash in my hand, and after a few minutes of him calming down and no snake sightings, I ever-so-gingerly let the leash brush the back of his leg (he was wearing shorts)...I think he could have jumped 10 feet in the air...he was certain a snake had just attacked him!

He wasn't happy with my antics at all, but I'm sure I pulled the same prank on him at least 4 more times before we saw my car...I was nearly in tears!  :tounge:  It caught him off guard each and every time...
Gud 1

Snakes are COo.oOL

Back in the college days, we had this real A-hole for a bay chief or whatever.  He was always pissin everyone of, trying to get in peeps business for no reason.  He was also a clean freak.  If he saw someone make a mess in his hallway, he would pitch a fit until they cleaned it up.  One drunken Friday night, he was off somewhere and we decided to fix him.  We got some 3/4 plywood, duct tape and large plastic sheets.  We laid them sideways in front of the mens shower room, taped down the plastic in front of the wood, plugged the drain, turned all the showers on cold and made a 3 foot pond.  Then we went and caught all of the ducks off the campus we could, and let them go in the bathroom.  Of course as folks started coming home from the clubs, they went on got bread and such to feed the ducks.  He came back from his night of partying and was pissed!
That's awesome!
Too bad no picts!

Back