Greatest piece of music ever written

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Everyone hears the 1st part all the time. This is the third part and if played well (as it is here by the late Glen Gould), it's the most perfect piece of music ever written.

Yep. I was looking for it!

--Wag--

Last edited by a moderator:
thumb_up.gif
bowdown.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
it's the most perfect piece of music ever written.[/quote] HUH?
I listened to it but all I could keep picturing was one of those Old Charlie Chaplin silent movies in my head...

um, yeah, I love the first part. but why is this third part so "Flight of the bumble bee" furious sounding? Did he knock back some speed after writing the first part put him to sleep?

Can't pick a particular favorite classic, but Mozart's Symphony No. 25 has to be one of them.

And I don't know the name song but the one that plays when Bugs becomes a barber and a snake charmer.

I agree on the 5th, but the 6th, Pastoral, is my absolute LVB favorite--especially the 2nd and 4th movements.

Nicely done, Lou.

Horowitz's interpretation of Chopin's 1st Ballade ranks right up there.

Also, Hess' rendition of Beethoven's, "Appassionata," is not to be missed.

--Wag--

i wish people wrote classical today... i mean other than movie theme songs. yes, there are modern classical writers, but they are not as popular as they were back then - but should be. Classical style composition takes true talent

the 3rd mvmt is absolutely NUTZ! That's my fave as well. I tend to gravitate towards the more technically, melodically and harmonically challenging/demanding music anyways.

Ryan, if you liked that one, you'll enjoy this as well:

k, sort of related but not really, here's an interesting Piano Duel, kinda long but excellent.
From "The Legend of 1900":

found it [LANGUAGE WARNING]

I rather enjoy this one and it has a cool video to go with it...  
laugh.gif

Carmina Burana O Fortuna - Carl Orff

Dang, Ron. Your vid got yanked before I could view it. What was it?

WWJD, ya like jazz piano, do ya? Check this out! THIS will light a whole damn CARTON of cigarettes!!!

Back