Greatest Fighter to date...any style,weight class,any era...tell us why...

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Greatest Fighter to date...any style,weight class,any era..I gotta go with Canadian boy GSP. Georges St-Pierre. Pound for pound I think he was amazing, a real killer.Not a huge man,but what a puncher,kicker,elbows,choke you out...etc. Wow. Headed for the Hall of Fame (July i believe) and so well deserved. Serious in the ring,perfect gentleman outside the octagon. I am dying to hear other people's idea's of who might be the best. Ali? Frazier? Foreman? Tyson? Sugar Ray? The Iceman? Bruce Lee? Chuck Norris?

Rubb.

Ray beat the shiite outta Jake. I don’t think Jake had any feeling from the waist up, before, during or after the fight. Hugely ineffective in his later rounds but Jake just kept coming. Someone that can’t be hurt is hard to defeat. My pop saw Joe Louis fight and said he’d never seen anyone who could hit with such force. He said Ali could box better and maybe even beat Louis but not if Joe managed to hit him. :laugh:

Ali hands down. Maintained the championship belt during one of the great eras of heavyweight boxing.
Besides, "Frazier was too ugly to be champ" :lol:

Jon Jones guy is ruthless. He probably hasn't trained for a fight since the DC fights tho
Great fighter,but like so many,those brushes with the law,some dope problems...I don't know why they do it. No idea. They could be legendary but do stupid things.
Rubb.

Ali hands down. Maintained the championship belt during one of the great eras of heavyweight boxing.
Besides, "Frazier was too ugly to be champ" :lol:
Very interesting man,in,and out of the ring. Could usually back up what he said. Huge pesonality. He didn't possess the knock-out power that a champion normally has,but still hit hard. Interesting tactics with his rope-a-dope etc.
Rubb.

Fights do not make one great.....

The greatest ever fighter may not have ever been in front of a camera fighting.

Greatest Fighter would have to be Mike Tyson

Youngest Heavyweight champ of all time. People would tune in to watch his fights like the Romans came to see people thrown to the lions. He had his ups and downs throughout his career and issues outside the ring but none of that matters. People still love him and see him as this terrifying unstoppable force in the ring. He can go to a Basketball game and all stars wanna take a picture with him and get an autograph. Just his presence makes the biggest of celebrities “Bro out” and ask for fighting pointers or ask about 1 of his crazy stories that he has.

He was a LEGIT Uber celebrity before Twitter and Social media gave you the global platform. He could go anywhere on the planet and people know who he is.......

Ali is the GOAT but in a different way because he transcended the sport of boxing and became something greater than just an athlete. So he’s excluded from any debate or discussion.

Fighter? Tyson, hands down. He didn't just beat people, he demolished them. Ain't too many fighters of any genre that would want a piece of him right now.
Boxer? Ali. It's rare that a mouth that epic is backed up by skill that legendary. To paraphrase the greatest: It wasn't bragging, because he did back it up.
I don't know enough about other fight genres to have an opinion.

Greatest Fighter would have to be Mike Tyson

Youngest Heavyweight champ of all time. People would tune in to watch his fights like the Romans came to see people thrown to the lions. He had his ups and downs throughout his career and issues outside the ring but none of that matters. People still love him and see him as this terrifying unstoppable force in the ring. He can go to a Basketball game and all stars wanna take a picture with him and get an autograph. Just his presence makes the biggest of celebrities “Bro out” and ask for fighting pointers or ask about 1 of his crazy stories that he has.

He was a LEGIT Uber celebrity before Twitter and Social media gave you the global platform. He could go anywhere on the planet and people know who he is.......

Ali is the GOAT but in a different way because he transcended the sport of boxing and became something greater than just an athlete. So he’s excluded from any debate or discussion.
Fighter? Tyson, hands down. He didn't just beat people, he demolished them. Ain't too many fighters of any genre that would want a piece of him right now.
Boxer? Ali. It's rare that a mouth that epic is backed up by skill that legendary. To paraphrase the greatest: It wasn't bragging, because he did back it up.
I don't know enough about other fight genres to have an opinion.
His fights were awesome.Sometimes you can lose focus with that much emotion (anger) boiling over,but he put it to use,bigtime.
It must have taken huge cahonez to climb in the ring with that madman.
Rubb.

Growing up I knew and still know a fella who was a SEAL in Viet Nam, he was one of those crazy Canadians who signed up with the US to go to war. I've never heard him swear, yell or get angry. He has never told me any stories of what he did but he did three tours-which in itself is scary-ask @WuzzaCBXRider or @michael parris heuberger

He never once fought in a ring but I can guarantee you that people wouldn't want to fight him probably even now....

He taught me Jujutsu ever since I was 10 and is the greatest fighter who never fought professionally I ever knew.

What's scary is he married a gorgeous Asian lady and they have 2 drop dead beautiful daughters..I'd sure hate to be the guy who made them cry growing up.....

I would have to go with Tyson as well. If it hadnt been for his promo team and he had some real guidance....wow what he could have been.

Back