Great ride today for Wisconsin in mid March

tjdobb

Donating Member
Registered
Took the new girl out today with a few guys and rode 260 miles in 82 deg. weather. WOW never would of thought I would be riding in mid March, at least not my new bike. (Maybe the snowmobiles in mid March). Well I did notice the seat is a little different from my '06' as far as staying cool. The new seat seems very warm. I like the extra power it seems to have compared to the 'ol' girl. Defiantly needs the buel peg mod as I was crunched up a little and the stock grips have to go as they are way too small in diameter for my liking. Same as the "06". Hands get tired of the little grips. I did notice the gas mileage was 52 MPG which has me a little worried. We were just cruising, but my '06' never came close to that. I will be pulling the plugs when I change the oil this week. Since picking the new girl up last weekend, I have 520 miles on her. Ready fro her first oil change and checking over. I got home and gave her a bath and got rid of the stock chain lube, boy what a pain in the ass that was. It was flung all over the back end. Well every one take care and enjoy the weather. Ride careful out there as we seen a lot of deer today. I suppose they like the warm weather too.:laugh:

I was riding all day in Wisconsin, great river road, awesome love Wisconsin riding

Lurch and I are planning another Mississippi river run this year Taylor, you should join us.. :beerchug:

Let me know, I'm up by prairie du chien all the time, great area to ride, we had 7 bikes today.
Zx14,busa,busa,gsxr600,Ducati monster, vrod,vrod.

I have never run it, heard about it, gsxtacy is doing it this year along with some local riders, he rides a black bking with 2 bros carbon pipes.

I go every year, hopefully this year the weather will be like it was today. We should meet in Mad Town if the weather is good.

I guess I never thought about it. Its tough for me to get away from work. Thats coming up pretty quick. Are you heading out to the bash?

Hoping to. If the weather is this nice, I'll be riding down. Hayabusa4life and I right now, looking for more.. :laugh:

How far is it from Milwaukee, around 650 miles and what does it take 1 day or 2.

After having 40 inches of snow on the ground Feb 29th, I have been riding since last thursday. Our snow is gone and lakes are going out within the next 10 days. Hope this weather hangs around!

i have ridden the crud run but it has been a couple years since i have. different bike too.

not to invite myself but i would be down for a mississippi run.

i rode to the gap last year, due to the guy i ride with not liking to ride at night and me not getting up early due to work . we rode it mostly all in 1 day but took 2 hours the 2nd day. 2700 miles that week

About 700 miles from Milwaukee. Hayabusa4life would ride it in one day, I would like to do it in 2.. :laugh:

2 days? I guess I have to let you take off first, I will take off the second day so I can catch you up on the way...:laugh:

Back